newbies ; top 10 do's and don'ts

bythamboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure that annoying stihl oil cap in on correctly before you send up the saw.

Learn how to wrap and unwrap ropes correctly.

Don't leave the key in the chipper before you set off home. You might not find it again.

Don't use bungee cord for attaching ladders. Dangerous for your eyes and nearby parked Porsche

Try to keep calm. If your worked up, your a lot more likely to make a mistake.

Always double check that you have everything before you set off to work.

Never plug in an angle grinder with the grinder held against you. It might just start up.

Don't think you have done the hardest part of the job, and it's all plain sailing from now on, it may just come back to haunt you.

Don't say run, all hell broke loose last time someone suggested it 😁

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

I get my groundy to skip back from the chipper.

Then later on in the transit I'll fondle his leg while I'm "going for the gear stick"

A happy team is an efficient one.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• 1 month later...

I subbied for a new guy recently, from the start he told me,where we were going, what we were doing, and why. He talked through every little an big thing I needed to know all day long! before I did it wrong & not later on when It was really annoying him!

It takes a lot of patience to do this, especially when its very hot & your working flat out. But by the end of the day it made things a damn site easier, an we both finished happy people, also knowing I know exactly what he wants next time,,,,,none of this mind reading or trawling forums to find out,

1 Day Very Well Spent.

Cheers..

Then later on in the transit I'll fondle his leg while I'm "going for the gear stick"

A happy team is an efficient one.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Ah the 6 the gear :sneaky2: used to have a boss who would sit his huge hand on my knee when I was a yts, I threw his good shoes out the window as revenge :laugh1:

Most of the time, telling folk what to do is a,waste of time, they don't listen and do things their way, then when it goes wrong, they have to feel guilty and stupid for a good while, that's the bit they don't want to go through again and you are trying to prevent :laugh1:

I'd rather a jingle in my pocket than a pat on my back:biggrin:

Getting not shouted at was the when I knew I was doing ok:laugh1:

that's how I learnt as well

my pets hates -standing around looking dopey instead of asking what to do

and saying "yes ok " to some simple instuctions , then standing around looking dopey because they didn't listen properly