newbies ; top 10 do's and don'ts

bythamboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Get hold of a hard-back note-book for field notes. Keep it in your day-bag. When you stop for tea ask again, "What was that thing you said earlier?" and make a note*. Even if it's just the difference 'tween Leylandii and Lawson.

2. When you ask, in your quest for learnage, "Why don't you do it like <this that I've seen others do>" Make sure it will be heard as "Why is <this t.i.s.o.d.> the wrong way to do <that what you are now doing>." and not "Nah! mate you doing that wrong"

*Captain Cuttle: "When found; make a note.":001_smile:

Happy days

YNH

Keep a positive mental attitude. Some days the climber has the crap job, other days it's the groundy's turn. Sulking brings the whole team down.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I'll definitely second that.

If you think a particular ornament or piece of garden furniture will be in the way or get broken. It probably is/will so move it. This is a guarantee if its those solar lights. Reducing the targets for the climber will make the job easier as faster. A divot in the turf is better than a bench with a haemorrhoid hole! .

On that topic, don't look at solar lights too hard. They will break!