Moving to oz

nathan marshall

I work in Adelaide, take RC0's advice and get acclimatised because its very dry and very hot in summer, we had a few days where we pushed over the 50°c mark (they never tell you the heat out in the sun, its always a shaded area) but Adelaide is beautiful, I've been here a year and a half and I'm quite happy to spend the rest of my life here. Its arborists paradise, when you get here take a trip to windy point and you'll see what I mean.

Just avoid the backpackers on hutt st in the CBD. When you get here give me a shout.

Sent from my XT925 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a trip on the ferry to Devonport then South to Hobart, you'll not regret the journey. Many folk go to Oz and forget the jewel in the crown that is Tasmania! Not forgetting the trip along the Great Ocean Road from Adelaide to Melbourne....

codlasher

^^^ What he said. I live an work in melbourne and it's an awesome city, I've been here for a year and a half also love. Take the advice and acclimatise.

J:thumbup1:

Get some Riemann p20 sun block at least factor 30. Put it on first thing in the morning and it'll last all day it's pretty horrible stuff but it beats putting on cream every few hours. And don't wear it with white t-shirts because it stains them yellow lol.

Also a pair of good wrap around sunnys are essential.

Might see you out here when you get round to Sydney.

I'm in Western Australia right now so can only speak for what it's like here. I came over in May to avoid starting work in the heat right away. A lot of climbers here wear chainsaw pants but they are not compulsory, same goes for chainsaw boots. Most work is done from EWPs when possible. The winter days here are still around 23 degrees. I'm heading over east in October.

Pay for extra baggage, it's far cheaper than buying anything here. I don't know about shipping. The company I work for in WA orders all their gear from Honey Brothers in the UK because it's so expensive here.

cheers allan good help deffnitly going to not work for the first couple of weeks and get used to the warmer climate

I'm off to Sydney for 5 months in January if all goes to plan!

Hopefully get some climbing or even groundy work, was planning on just paying for extra baggage, I'm sure that one peice of kit you leave behind will haunt you whilst you work out there!

It does haunt you haha.

I left my sidewinder at home and missed it as soon as I did my first day at work