T540xp running problems

Cloud9climber

My 540 has been in the dealers for a month I've only owned it 2 months haha and I still haven't got it back it's had new rear av spring new chain new bar and it's awaiting new software because it's a bag of crap with no power and won't start when hot unless I choke it. It's the worst saw I've ever owned/used, avoid avoid avoid. What has really rubbed salt I'm my wounds is the new 201s are actuall a very good saw you don't even need to drill bits out of them now for them to work properly

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 540 has been in the dealers for a month I've only owned it 2 months haha and I still haven't got it back it's had new rear av spring new chain new bar and it's awaiting new software because it's a bag of crap with no power and won't start when hot unless I choke it. It's the worst saw I've ever owned/used, avoid avoid avoid. What has really rubbed salt I'm my wounds is the new 201s are actuall a very good saw you don't even need to drill bits out of them now for them to work properly

Mine cuts fast and runs fine . It just falls to bits .

DSCF0033.jpg.5a4e893ab82781bad52c9cd712e5848d.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg.3fa6b7b42e76927079aebcaf9f133db0.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg.2f49752d5ab08f35f181e0bd84c2129d.jpg

Mine cuts fast and runs fine . It just falls to bits .

Mine to had the same problem with av spring, the handle broke when it went for a flying lesson back in the hot weather last week and wouldn't restart after the tank was used until empty !!

• 2 weeks later...

Well my husky is fantastic, runs like a dream day in day out, I've never dropped it on the strop but I wouldn't say I baby it. If your saws not running well I'd say find a big chunk of oak and bury it in it, not for 5 mins but for a hole fuel tank, tune that baby up!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• 3 months later...

I bought this saw back in June of 2014 the dealer said the coil was bad? Has anyone else had this issue and also something was over tightened at the factory causing a crack and air to leak causing the computer to not be able to compensate? It is now October and saw still runs like garbage it won't idle takes over 20 pulls when cold to even get it to run on choke has anyone had issues like this also if that was not enough when I get it running go to make a cut and it bogs itself out

I bought this saw back in June of 2014 the dealer said the coil was bad? Has anyone else had this issue and also something was over tightened at the factory causing a crack and air to leak causing the computer to not be able to compensate? It is now October and saw still runs like garbage it won't idle takes over 20 pulls when cold to even get it to run on choke has anyone had issues like this also if that was not enough when I get it running go to make a cut and it bogs itself out

Yep threw it back at the dealer and grabbed a new one do not give them an option, I admit my method was strong but it is the only way Husky will learn and make improvement if warranty returns increase.

Now my new one is starting to be a little awkward, I am thinking of suing Husqvarna for repetitive strain injury from having to pull start it so much! Run on high qaulity oil and BP fuel.

Mine 560XP ran like crap when hot and would not start when warm. In the end the engine siezed, this was after 20 hours. Having had it repaired under warranty it now runs very sweetly indeed, hot starts even when running out of fuel are no choke first pull. Just hope it holds up,

A