SteveA

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2.4 will fit but the cord has a huge impact on battery performance. best on 2.0

it is surprisingly powerful even on long grass but it should be considered a trimmer for tidying up lawn edges after cutting ...not the edge of a paddock etc

using a backpack, will work all day and much better productivity than a petrol machine (stopping for refuel, more ergonomic, not having to start the machine etc etc)

equivalent to a 25-30cc machine

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

its the power to weight ratio that is so incredible. more than a kilo lighter than an equivalent petrol trimmer. it has no need of a clutch, bevel gear or drive shaft as the motor is mounted at the end of the shaft of course.

There is a few things iam not sure about with batteries you said its equivalent to a 25cc to 30cc petrol and 2.0mm line its happiest with. Well my 25cc runs 3mm line pretty good. How many hours will a battery do before the cells are burnt out and you need a new one? Where to charge if your on a job far away from 240 volts how do you charge your flats? 5 litre fuel can goes anwhere I do.

I have never used a lithium ion strimmer or hedge cutter but thesse are the things what put me off.

There is a few things iam not sure about with batteries you said its equivalent to a 25cc to 30cc petrol and 2.0mm line its happiest with. Well my 25cc runs 3mm line pretty good. How many hours will a battery do before the cells are burnt out and you need a new one? Where to charge if your on a job far away from 240 volts how do you charge your flats? 5 litre fuel can goes anwhere I do.

I have never used a lithium ion strimmer or hedge cutter but thesse are the things what put me off.

its not for everyone!

if the job suits then happy days. if you want all day use for trimmers, hedgecutters, blowers etc, then the backpack option is whats needed (not really recommended to use with chainsaw for obvious reasons)

you cant burn out the motor/cells as they have overload protection. (at least you will have if its pro worthy kit)

the advantages are clear, lightweight, no maintenance, extremely cheap to run and cheaper than a petrol variant to buy. better for the environment (reduced pollution and noise), and low vibes.

no one is holding a gun to peoples heads, if u prefer petrol option stick with that, but if you can change entirely to an all battery fleet you have that choice too or more likely a mix of petrol and battery. use battery where u can and petrol when you cant. still makes economical sense to have both as return on investment is so quick.

Here is my new FSA 85 in action

Stihl FSA 85:

Seems to work well for what i need. Most of the time it's strimming round obstacles on commercial sites. This was just one of my domestic ones. Its just as quick as my petrol one. But it's quieter,lighter and starts straight away to name a few