T540xp bar and chain issues

dan494

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely seems a weak point that Husky should address.

Still think it's a cracking saw though.

Maybe you just got a Friday afternoon special.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Do you not think when it revs up it lacks the top end you need to cut a limb off in one I also feel it lacks the torque of a 201

Do you not think when it revs up it lacks the top end you need to cut a limb off in one I also feel it lacks the torque of a 201

Can't complain about the power of the saw, only thing I don't like in the department is the choke situation, having to use it all the time, not end of the world though. I'm tempted to get a spare av spring incase it goes going by what you guys have experienced with it

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

Can't complain about the power of the saw, only thing I don't like in the department is the choke situation, having to use it all the time, not end of the world though. I'm tempted to get a spare av spring incase it goes going by what you guys have experienced with it

You won't bend the AV spring if you NEVER drop it on its strop or NEVER lean on it hard . Not easy I think .....

Hi guys. Hope I'm not just repeating what's already been said, but I've just bought a 540 after my last saw died, and really like it overall (weight, balance, power etc), but I'm really not liking the bar/chain combo. I'm running a 14" techlite, with the standard low kickback chain, and I'm finding it chatters badly. It's oiling fine, and the tension is correct, but finding it difficult to execute accurate pruning cuts with it. I previously had an ms200t with a 12" bar, and full chisel chain, which always cut lovely. Do I need to just change the chain?

When the chain pops out it should not mean the end of the chain.

If the drive links are burred and won't go in the guide bar run the chain loose for ten seconds, this will rub off the burrs, then tighten as normal.

Love my 540, no real probs as yet after 3 months.

Hi guys. Hope I'm not just repeating what's already been said, but I've just bought a 540 after my last saw died, and really like it overall (weight, balance, power etc), but I'm really not liking the bar/chain combo. I'm running a 14" techlite, with the standard low kickback chain, and I'm finding it chatters badly. It's oiling fine, and the tension is correct, but finding it difficult to execute accurate pruning cuts with it. I previously had an ms200t with a 12" bar, and full chisel chain, which always cut lovely. Do I need to just change the chain?

Loose that standard chain that comes with it . Get the Oregon , or better still , get a loop of the Stihl full chiz made up for it . When the " Cadburys "bar lets you down change that as well .

When the chain pops out it should not mean the end of the chain.

If the drive links are burred and won't go in the guide bar run the chain loose for ten seconds, this will rub off the burrs, then tighten as normal.

Love my 540, no real probs as yet after 3 months.

Not with the amount of burring this saw causes! Can't even pull it straight. I've had chains come off of the 200t and got them back on again no problem. I think attempts to run this chain again would damage the bar rather than 'fix' the chain. As it's not been sharpened I will see if can get those links replaced when passing the dealer

1401530576874.jpg.f91141c87ad090df0f153511ea4f3407.jpg