lawnflite pro 19"

miker

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think pre 2003 hayter 56 is best mower of all time. However the decks fall to bits and mine are all completely shot. The drives never give any touble there light do a fantastic cut and work hard year in year out. I needed a new mower and had terrible experiences with the over heavy honda hrh 536 qxe. The gearbox was terrible all of them its either off or on no control it allways clunks when you pull the clutch in and eventally just goes click click and £300 every season or less for a new one. Also the handle bars go on for ever so hard to turn around and the roller is way to small for a 21 inch 60kg mower. I hate the big Hondas. In the end I bought a Honda HRX 475 the 19 inch roller it wieghs 45kg it turns quickly one lever hieght adjustment not like the stupid 3 point one on the big honda. Its very fast strips well packs grass bag right up with cuttings and the best thing its belt drive so smooth so much more control. I have the revs about 3500rpm and its just as quick on real big lawns and doesn't leave fluffy bits of grass like its big stupid brother. I have only had it a week from new time will tell its durability.

I've just spend over £900 on a Fischer-Price toy. That's right, an Etesia :lol:

Lawnmowers DUOCUT 46 RMCB | Etesia mower

Gone for wheels as we don't handle any particularly formal gardens, and it's always the roller that breaks first, whatever mower you buy.

Time will tell but so far I like it. It collects well enough, not quite as good as the LawnFlite/Kaaz in that if you push it too much in really thick stuff it can tend to miss the odd sprig. However this is in stuff that you should really be charging the customer double for anyhow.

For mulching it's amazing, as good as a dedicated mulching mower. Very happy with this, and I hope my customers will see the benefits over this summer.

I'm hoping it will be a reliable, tough and idiot proof mower. Kohler engine- the Honda option came with variable drive which is just more to go wrong. With wheels you just drop the drive and it's easy to push through real thick stuff at the right speed anyway.

The plastic deck and box I like. Easy to steam clean to keep shiny for easy collection and very durable. The box comes with extra inserts to make the mesh finer if you are collecting in dry, dusty conditions which is a nice touch.

I'm told all the council guys use them?

Height adjustment is a single lever, clearly marked. It's heavier than it looks, but solid build is fine by me.

Etesia looks good 19 inch and 40kg the way I like them. Whats it like in long grass and rough ground? is it belt drive? most of my customers like a strip now the have got a custom to them so I best stick with a roller.

How do you find mulching I had a stiga multiclip once I thought it was no quicker than collecting grass and if was a bit long and a litte damp it took cut grass and just made a big horrible mess with it all over the lawn. I kept the blades sharp too. It was allso poor as rough mower cause it choked it self up with grass and stalled all the time there was no drawft created by the blades and it would not pick any derbris up off lawns as a collection mower does.

Etesia looks good 19 inch and 40kg the way I like them. Whats it like in long grass and rough ground? is it belt drive? most of my customers like a strip now the have got a custom to them so I best stick with a roller.

How do you find mulching I had a stiga multiclip once I thought it was no quicker than collecting grass and if was a bit long and a litte damp it took cut grass and just made a big horrible mess with it all over the lawn. I kept the blades sharp too. It was allso poor as rough mower cause it choked it self up with grass and stalled all the time there was no drawft created by the blades and it would not pick any derbris up off lawns as a collection mower does.

Mate, your sig is so true (that's from a Sussex lad to another!)

I answered your questions re long grass and mulching already! It really is as they claim- 100% collector and 100% mulcher. Not tried mulching in the wet but it did OK in some grass I thought would be too long to mulch.

It's the benefits to the lawn I'm really interested in, although the time and back saving from emptying the bag are welcome :thumbup1: If you rake your lands across a bit just mulched, the clippings are only a few mm long.

It's belt drive, nice and simple and you can also stick a bigger pulley on to speed it up for light cuts.

• 2 months later...

An update. Whilst I am very happy with the mulching and collecting ability, the Kohler engine is giving problems. 2 months old and the recoil start has snapped. The spring slipped the housing and after a three day wait and then finally repair by the shop the spring slipped again first pull.

The governor is all over the place.

Finally, the deadman cable has snapped this morning. Not impressed for an £800 mower that has been used two days a week for only two months.

I'm even less impressed by the dealer's attitude to rectifying the problems. Especially after buying three FS70s, a polesaw, an FS490 and £500 of boots and trousers from them.

I've been starting the bloody thing with a bit of string wrapped round the flywheel for two weeks now.