Nz bound

teresa green

Hello lads,

It's been a while since I've posted anything on here but over the past few years I have asked questions about working and living in NZ and some of you have been a great help and gave me very insightful advice and information. Thank you!

So me and my girlfriends residency Visas have just came through, its been a long winding road since we first started the journey to move out there. She has been doing a PHD and I've been working in Sweden so it hasn't been easy but now it's finally all came together.

We are literally getting her packed now and she flies in a couple of days to start her new job in Auckland and find us a home. Myself and our two dogs follow in a few weeks. I will be looking for work as soon as we touch down, got a few contacts for work but just going to see what happens when I get there. Hoping to meet as many arborist's, anglers, surfers, BMX riders, mountain bikers, tree dwellers, food and wine lovers, gig goers and working dog enthusiasts as possible. I'll be riding a bike with two spaniels in tow

Cheers

Tom

Hello lads,

It's been a while since I've posted anything on here but over the past few years I have asked questions about working and living in NZ and some of you have been a great help and gave me very insightful advice and information. Thank you!

So me and my girlfriends residency Visas have just came through, its been a long winding road since we first started the journey to move out there. She has been doing a PHD and I've been working in Sweden so it hasn't been easy but now it's finally all came together.

We are literally getting her packed now and she flies in a couple of days to start her new job in Auckland and find us a home. Myself and our two dogs follow in a few weeks. I will be looking for work as soon as we touch down, got a few contacts for work but just going to see what happens when I get there. Hoping to meet as many arborist's, anglers, surfers, BMX riders, mountain bikers, tree dwellers, food and wine lovers, gig goers and working dog enthusiasts as possible. I'll be riding a bike with two spaniels in tow

Cheers

Tom

Hey Tom,Great news.

Ive been in NZ for 8/9 years and have just left working in Auckland in march where i was for 6months or so,

There is lots of work there and most people will no doubt have work for you,

Sounds like you will love the bush only 30mins from downtown,

All the best :thumbup1:

Hey bro, try emailing asplundh, I heard they are looking for workers, I might still have an email for one of the guys a little higher up if your interested pm me. If you like the outdoors you will love nz. Check out the coromandel as soon as you can.

Good luck

conall

Great to hear it mate :001_smile:

Be sure to check out woodhill mountain bike park! Woodhill Mountain Bike Park - Auckland's Homeground for Mountain Biking

It has everything from cruise around all day to full on jumps/technical stuff.

or if you are into bmx racing then this club has a pretty mental track in east auckland!

East City BMX Club

You'll never run out of things to do :thumbup1:

Good luck

Lovely country & people

Please ask them, why with the All Blacks getting so many players from Samoa and Fiji, that they have not played in Samoa for 30 years and never played in Fiji.

Is it just the lack of money generated from such games?

Sorry mate but this is a beat up by the UK media. Most of the all Blacks are born in NZ or move over here with family at a very young age for better education and job prospects. they are fully fledged kiwis and have been for a long time. NZ is a pacific nation and one of the most multicultural citries in the world is Auckland. Just because they have Samoan, Fijian or Tongan heritage doesn't mean to say they're not born and bred kiwis.

As for the not playing in Samoa part; that is all about money, just like most sports these days. Same reason the English dont play games in Romania or Georgia to improve the quality of that countries rugby. Playing in France or against the AB's at twickers generates huge amounts of money and thats what the game is about these days.