homemade climbing spikes!!!!

stewie

a mate of mine rang me up the other day and said "im doing a garage clearance i found some of them things you put on you feet to climb trees"......:biggrin: i knew he meant spikes lol so said bring them round and ill have a look!!!!

well they werent what i expected.......:lol:

pretty sure they wouldnt of been used for tree surgery......id put money on them being made by someone into illegal nesting.........:sneaky2:

59766930f0fe4_homemadespikes3.jpg.9de95df94eebd26ad1c2450d53cf4e8a.jpg

59766930eec52_homemadespikes2.jpg.2caec846074b08d1b1d6c6a7e2193086.jpg

59766930ecf4b_homemadespikes1.jpg.f3e29b371ce3e1b5746c90f579bd47c5.jpg

59766930ea8d7_homemadespikes.jpg.201ac72d8e23ae9e64d473e40255b4c1.jpg

pretty sure they wouldnt of been used for tree surgery......id put money on them being made by someone into illegal nesting.........:sneaky2:

By the look of the welding they were looking for Pigeon nests :lol: Welder's coming out this I'm having a go at some of these :thumbup:

Good effort on the first pair.:thumbup1: I remember 20 years ago looking at Spikes in a magazine and they were over £200 then, I couldn't afford £20 at the time. I would of been delighted with those.:biggrin:

Jomoco are the springs working or for design?

I'd of thought the last thing you would want is the spike going the opposite way to in the tree!:biggrin:

Or is it for speedy pole climbing:confused1::001_smile:

It's the difference between a dog's ability to climb trees(static) and that of a cat(dynamic).

Those springs retract the inner 3/8ths inch needles from the fully extended mode when all your weight's applied and that needle's driven in a half deeper than outer tube that's static.

They do make a pleasant jangling noise like an old cowboy's spurs come to think of it!

That jingle jangle jingle.

Seriously, I designed those gaffs specifically for penetrating petrified deadwood trees. The kind yu don't wanna shake too much by stomping round like Godzilla trying tu get your gaffs to set properly!

image.jpg.5b6240a7ae2dfe1c9a1af0acbf857747.jpg