Best stump grinder to buy

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi chap i am in the same boat as you at the mo, i need a grinder but have a similar budget.

I am looking at a Predator 450 which i know there is one with a bout 10 hrs on for 6300 from predator in Reading. I also looked at the Raycos and Caltons but fairly dear. I figure stump grinders only get sold because they are fairly knackered.

I have used the predator a few time and i have to say its been really good.

Hi chap i am in the same boat as you at the mo, i need a grinder but have a similar budget.

I am looking at a Predator 450 which i know there is one with a bout 10 hrs on for 6300 from predator in Reading. I also looked at the Raycos and Caltons but fairly dear. I figure stump grinders only get sold because they are fairly knackered.

I have used the predator a few time and i have to say its been really good.

Don't be put off buying second hand stumpy's there like out else it's how there used and looked after, there not all knackered. If buying private budget in for a service, belt change and the odd bearing and you will be ok. Have a word with woodpicker about the preds there seems to be some issues with clutches on them!

I gave danequip a call, seemed realluy helpful but nothing second hand, only new and shiney. in the end i bought a predator 450 for under £7000 all in so happy with that.

Just need to enthuse my groundie about the joys of stump grinding!!!!!

• 6 months later...

did you manage to buy grinder? if not I have a little david I bought new and I stay in falkirk. I Would sell for £950. I replaced with carlton 2000sp. Little david has never let me down and still looks fairly good with origional paint. Great machine for access or grinding on embankments. Got to watch your jaw for kick back and keep a eye on your toes.

did you manage to buy grinder? if not I have a little david I bought new and I stay in falkirk. I Would sell for £950. I replaced with carlton 2000sp. Little david has never let me down and still looks fairly good with origional paint. Great machine for access or grinding on embankments. Got to watch your jaw for kick back and keep a eye on your toes.

hi Robert have you got any pictures :001_smile: