Advice on New Zealand

tomrose.arb

Aye i was shocked last time i was over (2yrs ago) how dear things had got. Scary how quickly prices have risen since the first time about 7 years afore.

Food drink and beer are quite dear now when the first itme i was out everything was cheap as chips. And it wasn't just the ifference in exchange rate

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new zealand has something called ACC, which covers you. im sure one of the NZ guys on here will know more about this, my manager at asplundh explained it to me, and im still unsure exactly how it works. but i know im safe to work over here.

you dont need insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will be a paid employee and so covered by the company and also EVERYONE is covered by ACC as soon as you eneter the country. Dont bother with work insurance.

ACC- basically any accident is covered by the government and you will get paid 80% of your wages until you are ready to work again and all medical bills covered, incl doc, surgery, physio, rehab etc....

Thanks for the replies re insurance. A lot of websites said that medical insurance was mandatory on a working holiday visa, but I assume then that that rule does not apply to those travelling from the UK?

http://www.backpackerboard.co.nz/articles/new-zealand-travel-insurance.php

As Drew said it doesn't matter you'll be covered in nz... Not sure I've meet anyone who had travel insurance here....