New Ford Ranger

HGBMX

I am currently driving a Mk4 single cab hilux with 200,000 on the clock, I'm now working for a good firm who pay well and pay often. Work is coming in fast at the moment and the jobs are getting further and further away, some of them are stay away jobs. As much as I love my Hilux it is just not great on long distances and I need a double cab to keep tools a bit safer while sitting on site and also want a 5 seater. Ford are banging out good deals at the moment on 13 plates so was just wondering if anyone had any experience or even owns one? I know when the new shapes first came out they has a few issues but they have seemed to of fixed them now. Cheers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was looking at trucks at the beginning of the year I could not get my local ford dealer to get back to me when there demo unit was available. in the end I bought a isuzu d max and I have to say I am very impressed and I think the warrenty is longer. Worth looking at them both.

I am currently driving a Mk4 single cab hilux with 200,000 on the clock, I'm now working for a good firm who pay well and pay often. Work is coming in fast at the moment and the jobs are getting further and further away, some of them are stay away jobs. As much as I love my Hilux it is just not great on long distances and I need a double cab to keep tools a bit safer while sitting on site and also want a 5 seater. Ford are banging out good deals at the moment on 13 plates so was just wondering if anyone had any experience or even owns one? I know when the new shapes first came out they has a few issues but they have seemed to of fixed them now. Cheers

Hi all what a new HILUX LIKE THANKS JON

Had one on extended test drive couldn't fault the 2.2 engine and combination of of road ability and comfort. Ordered one dont get it till end of year in spec I wanted seems they are quite south after.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Cheers everyone. I know a few people with them and they love it and say they are worth every penny but also know a guy who has a 12 plate one and it's given him so much crap it spends more time at ford then on his drive. I am also thinking a d-max so will be having a look around for them too. The guy I work for has a new hilux invincible and it's nice to drive and good on fuel and in the woods but they are another £5,000 on top of a ranger.

Steve I was telling someone about your truck might be up for sale, he is well interested and has cash in his pocket if you are still wanting to get rid of it, let me know

But the hilux will have a far higher resale value than the ford, so you will get a good bit of the extra cost back when you get rid.

I have heard that the rangers have a long wait time, struggling to see why tbh.