In Feed Roller problem

Bigfellers

Advice needed please...

I have recently bought a GM220 and after 3 hrs use the rollers are stuck in full in feed position. Any ideas????

Also does anyone know the RAL code for GM or a similar coloured shade of Agricultural enamel...

Thanks Matty

Hey Matt, I'll get the RAL code and post it later. It is powder coat, not enamel and I think it is called glebe green.

When you say the rollers are stuck in the "feed in postition", could you elaborate please? Is the red bar moving but not the control cable or kever on the valve? Is the overide engagdd so it will pull in at any engine speed?

Hi the no stress was disabled by the previous owner. The bar moves but doesn't change direction of rollers.

As for enamel or powder coat....

I thought enamel would do. It looks a bit tired to say the least and I didn't want to stripthe whole machine down to have it shot blasted and powder coated and to be honest I don't have the funds to pay what that would cost.

Thanks for your help

Matty

Follow the cable from the red bar to the valve block. The lever on top to the valve block should move through the three positions with the red bar. Take the cable off of the lever and then move it, it should positively locate in 3 places as the spool moves into each correct position. If it doesn't, the remove the cap and lever and check to see if the internal portion of the lever is present and located properly in the recess on the spool valve. Try that.

If you No Stress has been over ridden, we can go through a few simple steps over the phone to find out why and see if it can be fixed cheaply and easily. The chopper worked so much better with it properly working.