18v drills

carpenter1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makita too here, twin pack drill and inpact, cant fault them at all! batterys have about 3/4 year lifespan but free replacement by makita no matter what age. cant go wrong with these... the inpact is the best invention so far yet on planet earth! you'll never go back to a combi drill afterwards! good deals from itslondon too...

Free battery replacement?

Second that............ What is this about free battery replacement?? I have a couple of 18v Makita batteries that have mysteriously died.

Saying that I swear by the drill and driver. Had mine for 4 years plus and still solid. Had the impact driver which was a great bit of kit but got nabbed off site, still miss it for some jobs. Screwfix have some good offers on but be careful, they often look a good deal but only come with 1.3 amp/hr batteries which are tosh. The batteries are where the cost is.

I also have some Bosch 10.8 volt li ion kit which for the size is great, plenty of power and useful for tight spaces and when you simply don't need the power of the brutish 18v Makita. They do a good range of useful tools to and you can pick them all up new bare for around £50...... well worth the money.

Makita do offer a free battery replacement but as you can guess they dont want it well known! Simply email makita uk customer services saying that you are dissapointed that the batterys have failed and that you'll be buying dewalt, bosch etc from now on... they'll reply with: send us the failed batterys to the below address and if our service team conclude that they have failed early we will send you the replacement free of charge. All the Makita batterys gets worked 7 days a week so my old batterys did have a hard time before being replaced with brand new. This has allways worked with me! Never had to buy any makita batterys apart from the original set. Keeps me buying more makita kit with such good service like this! Works both ways i suppose.

Makita do offer a free battery replacement but as you can guess they dont want it well known! Simply email makita uk customer services saying that you are dissapointed that the batterys have failed and that you'll be buying dewalt, bosch etc from now on... they'll reply with: send us the failed batterys to the below address and if our service team conclude that they have failed early we will send you the replacement free of charge. All the Makita batterys gets worked 7 days a week so my old batterys did have a hard time before being replaced with brand new. This has allways worked with me! Never had to buy any makita batterys apart from the original set. Keeps me buying more makita kit with such good service like this! Works both ways i suppose.

interesting, thanks for this, but has it got to be with in warrenty?

just had the last one replaced now, which was purchased in 2009, so well out the 3 year period. deffently worth a try, it costs about 3 quid to post them so allways worth a try. ive never been refused a new battery from makita, had 4 new ones off them in the last year.

nice going

where do you send them to, who do you contact?

for future ref

thanks

i bet now a few of here will try it

EMAIL FROM MAKITA:

"Thankyou for your email.

If you would like to send the faulty batteries into us at the below address along with a copy of your proof of purchase, one of our engineers will test them for you. If they have failed prematurely they will be replaced free of charge for you.

Before sending them in please check that they are not American imports as we will not replace these. You would need to return them to your point of purchase if they are under warranty.

Our address is

Makita UK

Michigan Drive

Tongwell

Milton Keynes

MK15 8JD

Kind Regards"

EMAIL ADDRESS:

[email protected]