What harness?

Will C

My old weaver harness is in need of changing. Ive always been fairly happy/ comfortable in it, some climbers i know laugh at it calling it a horse harness :laugh1:

Are the modern harnesses like the petzl sequoia etc really much better? If so any recommendations?

Would like to get something that is going to be user friendly as i will spend most days in it

Cheers Will. :001_smile:

My old weaver harness is in need of changing. Ive always been fairly happy/ comfortable in it, some climbers i know laugh at it calling it a horse harness :laugh1:

Are the modern harnesses like the petzl sequoia etc really much better? If so any recommendations?

Would like to get something that is going to be user friendly as i will spend most days in it

Cheers Will. :001_smile:

In short, yes they are way better. I'm about to purchase a new harness myself. I have had both a Petzl sequioa and treemotion in the past. The next harness will be one of those 2, based on what I think to the new sequioa when I try it on next week

I borrower my mates weaver back when I first started out, for a weekender. It was a large and I'm a 30" waist! Bloody awful! Heavy as hell and hung round my ankles for most of the day!

He says it's really comfy on chog downs though.

I use a butterfly, which is pretty basic, but still miles ahead of the weaver IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

In short it's personal preference really, I like the weaver I really do at the time I had to get a harness there and then they didn't have a weaver in so I got a skylotec I love it it's like a synthetic weaver :laugh1:

I can't get on with any petzl harness maybe that's just me but I like the freedom of my man parts :laugh1:

You need to test them out, people will tell you all sorts but it's your comfort at the end of the day and the weaver might still be the best for you

I've climbed on a weaver for 3 years, tried a tree motion and found it horribly uncomfortable on the gentleman's area!

Didn't like the butterfly either, the only other harness I liked was the Tree Austria one but probably just going to stick with a weaver for now, can't see any real benefits in anything else to be honest

treemotion wins hands down for me, the comfort from the back support is unreal, if your man bits are getting squashed you can adjust it so they aren't being squashed! i used to work with a lad that had a weever harness, used to wear it from time to time, used to always think why the f*ck did i put this feckin thing on! .. only thing is it takes a while to get it set up just right:)

best thing to do, is try on as many different harnesses as possible...what suits some is unbearably uncomfortable for the next bloke!. I can only use 'seat' harnesses myself, I've got a couple of Sequoia Swings and I love em. Terrible in conifers though, need a very basic harness again for that...