Bandit gallery

GlobalNewark

Its a 1390/15xp it was important to me to have the service deck having worked on big chippers for over 10 years so I specified them from Global these are custom.
It shouldn't be difficult to have something made up, I'd stick with the plastic mudguards and mount something above them.

That would explain the mog to tow it, nice!
Good idea, wouldn't be hard to make a plate to sit over the plastic and bolt on the chassis behind it that'd be strong enough to stand on even just for adjusting the spout.

32 minutes ago, Marc said:

Its a 1390/15xp it was important to me to have the service deck having worked on big chippers for over 10 years so I specified them from Global these are custom.

It shouldn't be difficult to have something made up, I'd stick with the plastic mudguards and mount something above them.

We just stand on the alloy ones on our 915 there strong enough you need to be above the blades drum to work safely.

our old 150 xp was single axle with alloy guards 10 years of standing on them was no issue .

was the weight on the 1390 critical to get below 3.5 ton?

2 minutes ago, Philip Anderson said:

We just stand on the alloy ones on our 915 there strong enough you need to be above the blades drum to work safely.

our old 150 xp was single axle with alloy guards 10 years of standing on them was no issue .

was the weight on the 1390 critical to get below 3.5 ton?

Its an emotional subject.... it didn't come under 3.5ton it's on air suspension and brakes, with plastic mudguards fitted by the company that did the trailer conversion.

8 minutes ago, Marc said:

Its an emotional subject.... it didn't come under 3.5ton it's on air suspension and brakes, with plastic mudguards fitted by the company that did the trailer conversion.

Oops sorry I know there's quite a bit more weight in the 1390 bigger drum I think,we thought about one but settled for the 915 with the 142 cat engine and that's bang on 3.5 .whats on you 1390 power wise?

25 minutes ago, Gray git said:

That would explain the mog to tow it, nice!
Good idea, wouldn't be hard to make a plate to sit over the plastic and bolt on the chassis behind it that'd be strong enough to stand on even just for adjusting the spout.

Ours is box section steel.

we had to extensively modify everything for towing behind the Unimog after the Heavy Duty hitches supplied by snapped on multiple occasions... when the say you can get away with murder on Ag they ain't kidding... we went with VBG and have a type approved ringfeder hitch supplied with appropriate d-value, even working out safety factor of the bolts...

If you want to run heavy road tow chippers do it right...

Yeh going big has many advantages but brings with it a few problems, I do get the impression they have it a lot easier in the states with vehicles weight laws.
Would definitely like to see it working but think I'll stick with tractor power for anything bigger than 12".

On 24/09/2017 at 21:27, Gray git said:

Yeh going big has many advantages but brings with it a few problems, I do get the impression they have it a lot easier in the states with vehicles weight laws.
Would definitely like to see it working but think I'll stick with tractor power for anything bigger than 12".

It brings more advantages than disadvantages, Global did a great job getting the the chipper on air suspension and brakes, I was a little anxious at first but after living with it for a while now air brakes is the way forward it tows beautifully far better than our previous 15" chipper on over run brakes and torson axles.

Having used 12"+ PTO powered chippers extensively I'd have a Bandit any day blows them away for our type of domestic and commercial arb.

IMG_6365.JPG

IMG_6366.JPG

• 1 month later...