T540xp "flooding itself?"

GordonRochdale

Hi all, noticed my t540xp stinking of fuel on occasion when it is hanging on my harness, engine off. As soon as I get a whiff of the fuel I know that it will be a pain in the arse starting next time I fire it up. It usually happens after the saw has been running after a re fuel stop.

Any one else noticed this problem?

Cheers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this problem to the point that it died completely.I took it back to a dealer,the sent it back to husky,three weeks later it came back sorted and running sweet.Sadly they offered no explanation as to what the cause was,and after some relatively light use,is weeping again..can't offer any answers im afraid.

I now despise my 540.

OK when running it cuts well will great power, however it cuts out for no reason, stalls when hung on the harness, runs out of fuel at certain angles when the tank is half empty.

And I used to think it was plasticy, but I now realise its actually made of plasticine :thumbdown:

Mine in only 6 months old and is already in worse condition than the 201 Reg ran over, if you accidentally stud heavily on a 540 there would be very little left.

I now despise my 540.

OK when running it cuts well will great power, however it cuts out for no reason, stalls when hung on the harness, runs out of fuel at certain angles when the tank is half empty.

And I used to think it was plasticy, but I now realise its actually made of plasticine :thumbdown:

Mine in only 6 months old and is already in worse condition than the 201 Reg ran over, if you accidentally stud heavily on a 540 there would be very little left.

Your just a Stihl fanboy!

I chucked my 540xp back at the dealer a week ago with many of the issues you have described. I'm sure it will be another 3 weeks before I get it back how I will chuckle when they try to charge me for a repair. The local dealer hates me.

Apart from the bent av spring syndrome the only other problem is a delaminated techlite bar which I replaced with the older more robust type . Experienced no running problems at all . No leaks or flooding / Nothing broken . I think I had one of the first and its been great so far ................