Spacer springs that allow you to mount Stihl bars on Husqvarna chainsaws

Rob D

Recently I bought in a load of these spacer springs and now have them up on the website here for £3-00 Products for the category: Bar maintenance tools

If this is all you want to buy and nothing else then use the code FREEPOSTAGE as a voucher when checking out.

The idea is to start to standardise your equipment. This will work on chainsaws that use the D009 mount ie. large Husky mount with Stihl saws using the D025 mount.

So for example - if you had a 25" Stihl bar on your MS441 and you also had a Husky 390XP you can use the bar and chain on both chainsaws.

The oiler holes line up with no adapting.

Also it means you only run one type of chain so in the above example you would only need to have 3/8 .063 chain for all your mid range saws rather than 3/8 .058 for Husky and 3/8 .063 Stihl.

The only think you may have to do to the bar is drill out the tensioner hole from 6mm (Stihl size) to 7mm (Husky size) - at least I had to do this for my 372XP.

:biggrin:

P1060065.jpg.b055dccfa4edd0e19269a5ccbfee6562.jpg

P1060064.jpg.275ab23b6c0d1f5a32b2384ea73a6b32.jpg

P1060063.jpg.ee7cc3433c8301169fb358721579ea57.jpg

The next stage on from this will be I'll be getting (will take another 4 months or so) Sugihara Husky mount bars for the 346, 550 and 560 etc all those saws running .325 .058 - that will have .325 .063 guage.

This means even if you run a combo of Stihl and Husky ie you have MS261 and Husky 550XP - you'll be able to use the same chains from one to the other rather than having different chains for each. (Although you won't be able to swap a bar from one to the other as the mounts are too different).

So if you make your own chains up then you'll only need to have one roll of chain not two.

Also further down the line I'll have some universal mount bars in 18",20" 24", 28", 30", 36" that will have the oiler hole pre drilled to 7mm - these will be more universal mount bars which will also fit rarer mounts - all that will be needed will be spring spacers.

:001_smile:

And finally here is the fit up guide for the spacers.

I have only applied to the D009 mount - large Husky mount - but you can use the other springs to adapt Stihl bars to other mounts... although I am not sure of the details of these ie. re drilling of oiler hole, tensioner hole etc.

Hev bar mount info.pdf

Hi Rob,

Are there any plans to enable Husky bars to run on Stihl machines? From reading this it's only Stihl bars to go on the D009 mount.

Would this work? I dont see as the 7mm oiler hole would cause any issues? And I assume the 3/8th sprocket on either saw would run .058 or .063 chain?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Rob,

Are there any plans to enable Husky bars to run on Stihl machines? From reading this it's only Stihl bars to go on the D009 mount.

Would this work? I dont see as the 7mm oiler hole would cause any issues? And I assume the 3/8th sprocket on either saw would run .058 or .063 chain?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris -good point you make - the 3/8 drive sprocket would run each type of chain fine - 7mm tensioner hole should cause no problems.

The slot on the mid range Stihl saws is 12mm. The slot on mid range (and larger) Husky saws is 9mm.

So you can always get a larger slot on smaller bar mounts using springs or spacers but not the other way round.

The only other way is if the Stihl mounting studs have a flange - so you can remove these and replace with 8mm or 9mm studs - that would work. But I have no Stihl saws to test that - perhaps someone else could?

I only have an MS880 and MS192 in the Stihl club these days....

Capture.JPG.29eeb38e1f9d7116ee679462bdc354f4.JPG

597668f4df27e_Canbarmountguide.jpg.e5ad7a1b9326042c6267c3bee44107c1.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...