HAAS knee ascender.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the HAAS!

I'm annoyed that I didn't know about these knee ascenders years ago!

I found that it encourages a more upright ergonomically efficient stance and moving hand over hand above the hitch is so easy.

Well worth getting one.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Glad you got on ok with it, how much easier is it climbing ? 50%, As your using 2 legs.i see they do 2 lengths which one did you get

I've just received my HAAS today but didn't have enough time to set up for tomorrow. I had a little play but ran out of time and the way I was trying wasn't right.

The videos show the set up using a hitch climber and/or rope wrench for SRT or DDRT.

Has anybody got a picture of the set up with a Hitch Hiker.

I never really use lanyard over shoulder and just hoik it up as I go along cos I don't often do big ascents in one go. But I would like to make more effort 😄

I've just received my HAAS today but didn't have enough time to set up for tomorrow. I had a little play but ran out of time and the way I was trying wasn't right.

The videos show the set up using a hitch climber and/or rope wrench for SRT or DDRT.

Has anybody got a picture of the set up with a Hitch Hiker.

I never really use lanyard over shoulder and just hoik it up as I go along cos I don't often do big ascents in one go. But I would like to make more effort 😄

Have you tried using a lyon sling as a chest harness mate works really nicely

I have tried but only very briefly. I really only tried lanyard over shoulder when I first tried SRT on a wrench but I didnt get on with it. But since trying the HItch Hiker I havent really used DDRT (except for a few small decents using the HH)

I really need my set up to have a loop for attaching the lanyard over shoulder or Lyon sling etc. Again, Ive got a small cord loop fishermanned on to the crab but its a bit crap and was only a temp thing. I now just dont use one. But it would obviously be better to sort it out and get used to using something.

Ive looked at plenty of pics here but going back through it all takes ages. Any new pics of a system, especially including the HAAS would be great:thumbup:

I have tried but only very briefly. I really only tried lanyard over shoulder when I first tried SRT on a wrench but I didnt get on with it. But since trying the HItch Hiker I havent really used DDRT (except for a few small decents using the HH)

I really need my set up to have a loop for attaching the lanyard over shoulder or Lyon sling etc. Again, Ive got a small cord loop fishermanned on to the crab but its a bit crap and was only a temp thing. I now just dont use one. But it would obviously be better to sort it out and get used to using something.

Ive looked at plenty of pics here but going back through it all takes ages. Any new pics of a system, especially including the HAAS would be great:thumbup:

Where are you based? I've got a loop you can have if you like?

Where are you based? I've got a loop you can have if you like?

That's very kind of you, I'm in holmfirth.

How and what have you made it from. Do you have any pictures of it.

There's lots of bits of stuff laying around that I can make one from. As far as I remember, one of the best and most simple one I've seen was just high tensile wire bent around the carabiner.

The main thing I'm not sure about is how to attach the HAAS as well because on the video he just clips to the spare hole in the Hitch Climber. If I attach the HAAS to the same loop as the lanyard over shoulder, they are both pulling opposite direction. Not sure if that really matters.

No worries bud. PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post. It's made out of 6mm rope with a stitched eye either end.

If you attach the Hass to the ring you clip the HH too I'm should it'd be fine?

No worries bud. PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post. It's made out of 6mm rope with a stitched eye either end.

If you attach the Hass to the ring you clip the HH too I'm should it'd be fine?

That's what I had a quick try at last night but didn't have enough time before family duties called. Cheers, I'll send a pm.