HAAS knee ascender.

Drew or Old Mill, What is the benifit of having the elastic that goes all the way through the rope? Wouldn't it do the same if it was just attached to the top of the Croll/Basic? Sorry if this is a really obvious one but I've not seen one of these in the flesh.

Cheers

Im with you Tom. You want more elastic in the system? Could just use thicker bungee or run it over the shoulder to the back of the harness.. Having it all run through the spliced on footloop just decreases the versatility. I can use mine as a haas or a croll :) loop just comes off with a twist of a maillon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew or Old Mill, What is the benifit of having the elastic that goes all the way through the rope? Wouldn't it do the same if it was just attached to the top of the Croll/Basic? Sorry if this is a really obvious one but I've not seen one of these in the flesh.

Cheers

I guess it's to make it all compact when you're not using it. I can imagine it clipped up on the back of my harness whilst moving through a tree and the bungee twangs me on the ass cheek!

Apparently the bungee doesn't go all the way through the footloop and the creator experimented a lot to find the optimum length.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

For me it's a, coming up with the original idea b, a neater way of doing it c, less exposed elastic to twang d, more elastic power for the exposed length. Michael know still be copied but went out and produced it anyway and is constantly trying to tweak it to make it perfect, I just really respect him for that tbh.

I guess it's to make it all compact when you're not using it. I can imagine it clipped up on the back of my harness whilst moving through a tree and the bungee twangs me on the ass cheek!

Apparently the bungee doesn't go all the way through the footloop and the creator experimented a lot to find the optimum length.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I thought you enjoyed that bungee twanging you on the arse?

Cheers

So when you stand up on your pantin you get maximum return of the croll/basic and therefor gaining bigger steps. But I've really not had that much of an issue to be honest. Think I've got around 3-4 inches of slack in bungee when not loaded. I might use a thicker bungee like Ben R suggested.

J:thumbup1:

same as tom, stays in a little chalk bag.. the footloop is still going to get snagged if you down stow it away properly.

drew, i agree its a cool concept and keeps the clutter down.. but what happens when the elastic breaks?? pain to replace it.

I guess it depends on the sort of person you are. Some people want to buy something ready made to fix lifes problems. Others want to make their own for less money and make it exactly the way they like it.

I'm happy with my home grown one. been running it for almost 2 years. Still on the same footloop but ive replaced the elastic once. The idea has been around since scotty sharp came up with his rope rocket setup. Nice to see it getting refined. My elastic never has any slack Jake, and it always goes right up to the wrench setup if i choose to take steps that big.

Edited by BenR