£90 cubic mtr

Splitter

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.512 is 20% less than a m3, but you got to take into consideration that you overfill the bags and the side bulge, and it's heaped over the top, so the customer ends up with near m3, least thats what i will be telling them..lol

0.512 is 49% less than 1m cubed so you would have to be seriously overfilling your bags to clain to be selling a cubic meter of logs. See the previous thread about the 'best' way to sell your logs and stay the right side of trading standards.

0.512 is 49% less than 1m cubed so you would have to be seriously overfilling your bags to clain to be selling a cubic meter of logs. See the previous thread about the 'best' way to sell your logs and stay the right side of trading standards.

What is the view of trading standards on log selling? Does anyone know?

I saw some in homebase the other day that were being sold as 10 or 15kg bags, the logs were green but it said "seasoned " on the label. I reckon that seasoned is a meaningless word as far as trading standards are concerned hence homebase are happy to use it on unseasoned logs.

Generally I think Trading standards are pretty hot on weights and measures.

If you say you're selling by weight or volume you have to be accurate otherwise you are breaking the law. So if you advertise "bulk bags" thats fine but if you say "1M3" and then deliver a bulk bag thats not ok.

It would be good if there was an industry standard for the moisture content for logs such as: seasoned = <25% moisture. Sadly I don't think there is.

Like you say Tom, as soon as you put a figure on it then trading standards have something to check against. If you sell 1 bag of logs, 1 van load, etc then you are not putting a measurable figure on it so no comeback. Seasoned is a difficult one, is seasoned cut a year ago, split a year ago, stored under cover or outdoors or is it dry to a given moisture content?

These "builders" style bulk bags or what ever you want to call them vary a lot.

Typical ones I've come across are 0.8m x 0.8m x 0.8m, get calculator out,

= 0.512 cubic metre

So a bag just less than 1m each way is a lot less than 1 cubic metre

Sell my firewood in 0.2 cubic metre bags for £20 each (=£100/cubic metre), looks more as well!!!!!

In the clip £90 was for local delivery in Herefordshire, hence more expensive elsewhere. I've seen their small bags selling at £6.99.

I can get my fire wood down to 20% mc by air drying it too!

Where do you get your bags from?

nah, i meant ,and if you read my post, the vid is on £90 m3 which is £45 a builders 1t bag.

iam selling at £55 seasoned

£35 fresh cut per builders 1t bag, 0.5 m3.

wot you geting in s.wales ??

bob, gettin £50 m3 fresh and £60 seasoned until august when it will all go up by £5,

all is tipped as dont want to spent time in filling 1 ton bags which then costs in loss of production

i though we covered in a previous thread that 1 ton bags varie greatly in size dependant on manufacturer/company used or seconds.

i know the ones i've used in the past have, some even stretch

"seasoned" i've seen as classed as 3 months as that is one season e.g spring

or felled and stacked for one year then split day of delivery

to quote dean, just sell it by m/c............... it'll be lower than certainly wood when air dried over the summer

i've seen c/w's bags and they are tall but "look" thinner than 1 tonners