'NEW' TrustMark...with ARB Approved!

AA Teccie (Paul)

Hi all,

Just a 'heads up' at this stage, with more detail to follow, to inform you that the Arbor. Assoc. have been approved as a Trustmark 'Scheme Operator' for the tree surgery sector/'trade'. :001_smile: (see TrustMark - tradesmen, operating to Government endorsed standards for further info.)

Hence this means that in future you can go through ONE assessment/audit process with me :001_rolleyes: and achieve THREE separate accreditations, i.e. ARB Approved + CHAS (for your commercial clients) + Trustmark (for your domestic clients.) :thumbup:

Hoping this to be of interest and perhaps it provides that opportunity you are looking for as a business to "stand out from the crowd" (see, I'm a marketing expert too :lol:)

Thanks all n will update further soon.

Cheers..

Paul

A recent press article highlighting the fact that the government (BIS Business, Innovation and Skills Dept.) have reinvested in 'TrustMark' and the scheme has re-launched with proposed improved national coverage...including 'tree surgeons.'

Circa 14,000 TM website 'hits' per month, on average, which compares favourably with the Arb Assoc at circa 3,000....that's a lot of potential customers passing you by. :confused1:

Don't forget the two up-coming 'FREE' workshops:

1. Loughborough (Leics.) Wed. 7th May - see ARB Approved Contractor Preparation Workshop

2. Cornwall (Penhale) Tues. 13th May - see ARB Approved Contractor Preparation Workshop

with the next one being in S. Wales on 4th June (the week of the ARB SHOW.)

Cheers all :thumbup1:

Paul

TrustMark relaunched.docx

Wouldn't it be better if there was just one accreditation that was accepted by all. Perhaps the AA could work towards producing one that was acceptable to all bodies? Just a thought.

That is exactly what I am 'working towards' by getting the ARB Approved Contractor (ArbAC) strategically placed alongside others (CHAS/SSiP & Trustmark in particular) which, at the moment, have greater currency and recognition.

Far more people / H&S 'bods' from other industries are aware of 'ArbAC' because of the CHAS / SSiP relationship we have.

"With the best will in the world" this would never have been achieved by 'ArbAC' alone without a massive (and I mean tens, maybe even hundreds, of thousands) cash injection to advertise it far and wide which we simply don't have.

MY ultimate goal is for every reputable and competent tree surgery contractor in the land to have the 'ARB Approved Contractor' logo on their van and then, just maybe, we will be seen as the CORGI/Gas safe' equivalent. (I know that's a legal requirement but most consumers aren't aware of that, they just know the logo and associate it with gas heating and boilers etc.)

At least what we currently have is just ONE process leading to 3 separate accreditations I know but, simplistically:

1. ARB Approved = industry standards and competence for tree work

2. CHAS/SSiP = H&S credibility ('compliance') in commercial sector

3. TrustMark = trustworthy-ness and reliability in the domestic sector

All we need now is for the industry to get on board so we can achieve critical mass to have greater collective recognition and a bigger voice...d'ya think I should run for 'PM'? :lol:

Sorry for the verbose post all...but thanks for the opportunity:thumbup:

Cheers..

Paul

That is exactly what I am 'working towards' by getting the ARB Approved Contractor (ArbAC) strategically placed alongside others (CHAS/SSiP & Trustmark in particular) which, at the moment, have greater currency and recognition.

Far more people / H&S 'bods' from other industries are aware of 'ArbAC' because of the CHAS / SSiP relationship we have.

"With the best will in the world" this would never have been achieved by 'ArbAC' alone without a massive (and I mean tens, maybe even hundreds, of thousands) cash injection to advertise it far and wide which we simply don't have.

MY ultimate goal is for every reputable and competent tree surgery contractor in the land to have the 'ARB Approved Contractor' logo on their van and then, just maybe, we will be seen as the CORGI/Gas safe' equivalent. (I know that's a legal requirement but most consumers aren't aware of that, they just know the logo and associate it with gas heating and boilers etc.)

At least what we currently have is just ONE process leading to 3 separate accreditations I know but, simplistically:

1. ARB Approved = industry standards and competence for tree work

2. CHAS/SSiP = H&S credibility ('compliance') in commercial sector

3. TrustMark = trustworthy-ness and reliability in the domestic sector

All we need now is for the industry to get on board so we can achieve critical mass to have greater collective recognition and a bigger voice...d'ya think I should run for 'PM'? :lol:

Sorry for the verbose post all...but thanks for the opportunity:thumbup:

Cheers..

Paul

Thanks for the reply. Its good to know we are singing from the same hymn sheet. I hope that once we can prove that ArbAc ticks all the same boxes as the other badges then hopefully, sometime in the not to distant future, we can dispense with the others.

As far as the PMs position goes....why not give it a shot? I think you may be better equipped than the two jokers currently in power!

Keep up the good work.