day rate

vduben

Hey guys, not been on here in a long time, what would you consider a fair price for a climber with a lot of experience and most tickets? I'm going self employed again and im going to charge 140 a day and im in the midlands which I thinks a fair price, I come with all the gear and 3 saws, I was contracting over 4 years ago and charged 120 then! All feed back is welcome!

Regards

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the gear? £140 seems fair for just a climbing kit and topper only, I would not use my own saws unless it was personal preference,,, one guy i work for only has a 660 for in the tree, i often wish i had something like my own 460/362 for cookie cutting on these days.

All the gear? £140 seems fair for just a climbing kit and topper only, I would not use my own saws unless it was personal preference,,, one guy i work for only has a 660 for in the tree, i often wish i had something like my own 460/362 for cookie cutting on these days.

id agree, 130-150 for experienced climbers with climbing saw and climbing kit. i supply insurance and everything else including rain jackets.

£140 isn't a fair price for a climber with lots of equipment and experience...push for as much as you can get, and if your skills warrant it, don't be afraid to charge a bit more than your competitors

Absolutely, each to his own.

A reasonably good climber should get £140 exceptional skies the limit, but there are very few of those!

Ian if I had insurance and my own rigging kit and big saws i'd want £250+

Absolutely, each to his own.

A reasonably good climber should get £140 exceptional skies the limit, but there are very few of those!

Ian if I had insurance and my own rigging kit and big saws i'd want £250+

Damn right, the more kit the more money. I dont expect any of my climbers to bring all the other bits. Personally id expect them to have it for their own jobs. :thumbup1:

Charge as much as you can get mate.

I turn up with climbing kit and a couple of saws. I charge the higher end of the rates in my area. If I take rigging kit then I charge more. Likewise if I bring an even bigger saw, more money goes on top.