Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

Hi everyone - names Martin & I'm new to the forum & to the industry. Been doing small tree work for years but I've gone full time in the Lanarkshire area so I'm looking forward to getting aquainted with the local & not so local guys & may all have plenty of happy cutting/climbing days!

To pete23 - got one of those "does what its supposed to" 4x4s as well but its as useful as a chocolate oven tray right now as its in bits all over the garage - glad someone's landy is running well. :)

Hi all.

Currently a soldier but just done 201 & 202 as I have a wood burner and access to loads of logs and scrap 8x6/4x4 etc. Hoping to do more courses as time allows.

Did the course at Pershore, thoroughly enjoyed thanks to Paul the instructor and Paul the assessor. First time on a chainsaw since I signed one out from the CQ store in 1987 with no gear or instruction. Truly dread.

Used Husqvarna on course, quite liked them. Got lots of X cutting to do now to keep 2 households on the go.

Anyone have any thoughts on what is a good model to start with and get good? Budget isn't too much of an issue, I have been saving up.

Hey tenko if budget not to much of a issue go for a MS460 think its numberd as MS461 now from the stihl range though, great saw plenty of power will go on for ever been a professional range saw, cant really say about husky rarely used one think that husky 560 xp ment to be pretty good hope it helps good luck :-)

Hey tenko if budget not to much of a issue go for a MS460 think its numberd as MS461 now from the stihl range though, great saw plenty of power will go on for ever been a professional range saw, cant really say about husky rarely used one think that husky 560 xp ment to be pretty good hope it helps good luck :-)

Thanks Kiza. Went for the husky in the end. Got it on Friday but military reunion this weekend so won't be in any fit state to even put it together until Tuesday.

• 1 month later...

Hi All....Newbie. :)

Name is Carl... Live in Cheshire, but hopefully in the new year i will be moving around a bit with a new business venture, some of which involves a 30 acre private woodland, never been involved in anything like that before, so will be looking for lots of advice, as to what we should be doing and what I should be doing as far as learning, and going to college etc.

Really looking forward to this as its something very different to what I have done before, although I am not new to outdoor jobs, just the woodland bit. :)

• 2 weeks later...