Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

Thanks for that! You just nailed it ! The first time I was up an Elm and worked out I could knock out 5 branches for the same energy as one ! I never wanted to do enything else, ever. ps on this site I already feel like i’v come home!

I’m not an arborist or even close, i’m a hgv mechanic by trade, just have a liking for chainsaws and chopping/splitting wood, thats what brought me to the site. Some very knowledgable folks on here..... you to be another, i’ve learnt lots and continue to do so each day. Theres a very varied audience which also adds to the humour too [emoji106]
  • Like 3

This is my first visit, have been doing tree work for 50 years. Plannning to be an armchair tree surgeon from here on! Will I still need a lid?
Well earned if you've been 50 years climbing! Some old pics from the early days would be good! Put all the zigzag, battery powered tophandle users to shame!! You must have seen a serious progression of skills and equipment over the years.. Looking forward to reading about it!
  • Like 2

Thanks Conor, I can still learn a lot from these younger guys ! full respect, i’v seen the videos ! Hope I can contribute a bit of wisdom/ survival tactics, a bit of humour and a plan for ya old age (stage one! Make sure you reach old age)

i promise not to bullshit and if i don’t know something I will say so. Good night all!

5 hours ago, Mark2 said:

Thanks Conor, I can still learn a lot from these younger guys ! full respect, i’v seen the videos ! Hope I can contribute a bit of wisdom/ survival tactics, a bit of humour and a plan for ya old age (stage one! Make sure you reach old age)

i promise not to bullshit and if i don’t know something I will say so. Good night all!

You will find that during those 50 odd years you have learnt absolutely zip when Vesp comes along !  Welcome bud , nice to have another old git like myself ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know what ya mean stubby, thanks, but some of them are looking real good! and those vids that’s new. For me so far that’s just amazin. Plus talking to people like you ect, Arbtalk is so big !! That’s my next 50y taken care of. People here i’l need to tell me to shut up. I’m based in the West Country U.K. how about you ?

9 minutes ago, Mark2 said:

I know what ya mean stubby, thanks, but some of them are looking real good! and those vids that’s new. For me so far that’s just amazin. Plus talking to people like you ect, Arbtalk is so big !! That’s my next 50y taken care of. People here i’l need to tell me to shut up. I’m based in the West Country U.K. how about you ?

West Sussex , South Downs national park to be posh !  In reality a village called Lavant .