Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

11 hours ago, J&M said:

Good evening All,

My name is Mark and alongside my brother (John) I make up one half of our currently establishing and part-time forestry/timber business. If I had to pick a term I'd put us in the 'micro-forestry' bracket but we are qualified and equipped to tackle anything that doesn't involve climbing the tree and we take on all kinds of jobs. (Climbing- we stick to rocks and as a hobby :) )

We have been slightly involved on the peripheries of the industry for years but we are new to going genuinely professional. We both do most things but brother is the better machine operator and I am the better cutter - we make a decent team. Currently and in my case for a good long time yet we both have other jobs too; I also enjoy spending half of my year being a marine engineer on gas carriers and oil tankers (writing to you from near Saint Helena just now), I do tree stuff in the other half of the year.

Pleased to meet you all,

Mark

Hi Mark . You are obviously multi skilled ! Welcome mate .  

• 4 weeks later...

Evening folks,

I work for a wildlife conservation charity and have recently got my felling qualie, so am now just trying to cram as much practice in as I can (easily done - our reserve is mostly woodland and we've had a fair bit of storm damage to contend with!). A chap on a shooting forum I'm a member of suggested having a mooch round here, so here I am. I have a couple of queries immediately (more on that story...elsewhere), but thought I'd say hello here first.

cheerio,

Chris

52 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Evening folks,

I work for a wildlife conservation charity and have recently got my felling qualie, so am now just trying to cram as much practice in as I can (easily done - our reserve is mostly woodland and we've had a fair bit of storm damage to contend with!). A chap on a shooting forum I'm a member of suggested having a mooch round here, so here I am. I have a couple of queries immediately (more on that story...elsewhere), but thought I'd say hello here first.

cheerio,

Chris

Oi oi then Chris . Welcome bud .  Your stance reminds me of my days as a member of   Chichester Harbor Wild fowlers .  Shooting and conservation hand in hand . 

Edited by Stubby

40 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Oi oi then Chris . Welcome bud .  Your stance reminds me of my days as a member of   Chichester Wild fowlers .  Shooting and conservation hand in hand . 

It's a good stance to have! if more people understood the country like many (by no means all) shooters do, we'd be in a much less ignorant state than we are now!  Thanks for the welcome.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

First post so please be kind. Hope post is in the most suitable forum? 

Main interest is chainsaws and tree felling for firewood these days, although in the past did a few years thinning and clearfell in Scotland. I have been lurking for a while and especially enjoy your chainsaw section.

Just run a couple of saws at present, a 365XP and a MS260 as getting a bit long in the tooth and these seem to suit dropping and crosscutting dead elms for our biomass.  

Hope to be able to contribute some input even if its mainly in the joke section:D

8 hours ago, Baldbloke said:

Hi Guys,

First post so please be kind. Hope post is in the most suitable forum? 

Main interest is chainsaws and tree felling for firewood these days, although in the past did a few years thinning and clearfell in Scotland. I have been lurking for a while and especially enjoy your chainsaw section.

Just run a couple of saws at present, a 365XP and a MS260 as getting a bit long in the tooth and these seem to suit dropping and crosscutting dead elms for our biomass.  

Hope to be able to contribute some input even if its mainly in the joke section:D

Oi oi then Baldbloke . Welcome bud . looking forward to your content be it funny or serious . :001_smile:

• Like 1