Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

Hello all, the names George, 24 from Lincolnshire. Basically just trying to get into tree surgery/arboculture, I already have cs30/31 and have plenty of experiance with a saw on the ground and am currentely looking into the best way to getting the other qualifications needed to become a qualified tree surgeon/arborist so any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure I'll be picking all of your brains for information

Hello all, the names George, 24 from Lincolnshire. Basically just trying to get into tree surgery/arboculture, I already have cs30/31 and have plenty of experiance with a saw on the ground and am currentely looking into the best way to getting the other qualifications needed to become a qualified tree surgeon/arborist so any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure I'll be picking all of your brains for information

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all,

Great forum, been lurking for a while but would like to join a few of the discussions.

Sadly one of my first posts will be in the stolen equipment section, but bouncing back (was uninsured:thumbdown:) and starting up in business in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Best regards,

The Stig.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people!

I only just joined yesterday so this is my first message. I just wanted to know about some of the rates of pay climbers are getting out there if you wouldn't mind sharing it? I been doing tree surgery for around 7 years and currently working on the railway. Been working there for 2 years and earning £100 a day self imployed. It's been constant work, but I can't see myself earning more there. As that's the sort of rates he pays. Can anyone share there wage that is self employed?

My names is David Addison, and I'm a 24 year old tree surgeon from Reading. I trained a Merrist Wood last year.

My real goal is to pruchase a few acres of woodland somewhere and become self-sufficent in a few years time: growing most of my food, and finding a sustainable way of making a living from the forest. Just a dream, really, although not that far off, hopefully...

That's basically me, thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Hi and welcome to all the new members who've joined up recently, hope youu enjoy te forum. Don't be afraid to participate, most of the members are now house trained, shouldn't bite and don't pee on the carpets too often these days. Good to see a wide variety of folk on here :thumbup:

Hi all, lurked for quite some time... I have a smallish excavation and plant hire, welder/fab/mechanical service and machinery sales type company in the dry, hot and arid place that is Cumbria... :001_smile:

Spent a fair bit of time in and around forestry, got quite a few arb mates and we cut fairish of our own firewood.

Looking forward to joining in!

Tom

Hello Arbtalk!

Long time lurker here.

Very grateful for all the fantastic advice, tips and information I have obtained from this site over the last few years.

I've been working as a gardener for a couple of years now using chainsaws for carving and a bit of work in some woods. Have always loved any sort of work with trees. Apple tree pruning being a favourite until I started climbing properly.

Just done my cs38 and can't get enough! Will be posting pics of some recent jobs shortly!

Luke.

Hi all arbtalk members,

Just discovered this forum recently. My name is Philipp and I live in lovely Bamberg (Germany). Started working as a groundman about six years ago while at university. Since I probably studied the wrong subject getting a job turned out to be more difficult than I thought so my boss (who is also a good friend) suggested I take a climbing course. Turns out it's a really cool job :). I only took the course two months ago but I really like it (not to mention that I make more money than I probably would in a boring office job). So here I am - learning something new every day. This is the tree we climbed today - an old lime-tree which someone cut back too much maybe twenty yrs ago - had a hole in almost every branch.

dsc_018363pzo.jpg

Cheers, Philipp :)