Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy. New member here who has been lurking and feeding off the vast amount of knowledge shared on these pages. Currently pursuing a career within the arb industry after 13 running high ropes courses. Excited  and overwhelmed is an understatement. Thank you to all the contributing members. Maybe one day I may be able to add my tuppence.

Cheers admins!

• Like 3

Hi lads, & ladies, long time lurker. I started my intro with a tiny rant on another thread, but thought I'd better do the intro thread also. Not good at talking about myself. Have a tiny bar, well oiled...oh wait, this isn't ArbDate :D

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

I've just found this thread ?

Wannabe tree person, been cutting things down/up since I was a kid with a late 60s Oregon 20" - absolute beast and still working. More recently have bought some land, which needs recovering from nature and planted some trees, so this forum is a very useful resource. Also like kit, which it seems many of you on here do too and look on enviously at some of the stuff you guys get to play with. If I hadn't fallen into my current career path 30+ years ago, the only other thing I had been interested in was forestry and tbh, wish I'd done that instead.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hey guys been lurking here for a while.
Waiting on time to do arborist courses, but have been cutting trees for a few years.
Just qualified as a mechanical engineer but not really too interested in going into engineering just yet.
Just starting to piece together some climbing gear for my own rec fun at the moment.
Work with a local landscaper most of the time with the occasional day cutting trees with an arborist.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, owain038 said:

Hey guys been lurking here for a while.
Waiting on time to do arborist courses, but have been cutting trees for a few years.
Just qualified as a mechanical engineer but not really too interested in going into engineering just yet.
Just starting to piece together some climbing gear for my own rec fun at the moment.
Work with a local landscaper most of the time with the occasional day cutting trees with an arborist.

Welcome to the forum Owain

• 1 month later...

Hello Tree people ;)

Also a long time lurker here, now finally with something to post. Hopefully we buy our first arb truck in the next weeks and a proper tipper trailer after that.
Our company is me and my best mate, who work as full time EMT's in the Danish ambulance service. We do treework part time, mostly small to medium removals or ground work for local full time arborists. :)

• Like 3

another newbie checking in :)

Google showed me this wonderful place when I was looking for info on wood chippers and I found plenty of it here so I have been doing lots of reading. And then I found some other interesting threads, and another, and another :P

I don't do any professional arb work but me and my gf has a small farm with about 40 acres forrest and a few acres meadow where we used to raise horses but as of a few years we no longer has any animals. 

• Like 5