Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

Hi all, I own a small Grounds Maintenance business in the Shetland Isles. We also carry out some small landscaping work as well as fencing etc. Had a look around the forum & some of it looks right up my street, apart from the tree stuff as there is almost zero trees here lol. However I look forward to joining in where I can!!

Cheers

Welcome to forum, what does grow in Shetland out of interest? we are completely surrounded by sitka here in Kielder, they grow like weeds which is good as a massive demand for biomass and pulp! I think they are responsible for the dreaded midges though...

Hi I am looking for a potential career change to be a Arborist I guess, need to know a bit more about it. I am 35 kept myself fit, like the idea of getting off computer and doing something outdoors. I am as my reply sounds a complete newbie, any advice, ideas, greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys im Aaron , im 23 and from sunny old Kent , im new to this forum and to the world of trees as well . Im currently employed as a glass repair technician which really is tearing my soul out it really is so mundane its unreal , anyway the reason ive joined up is ive decided that a career in the country side is where I want to be. As previously stated ive no experience in the industry and im offering myself on Saturdays to anybody willing to help me take my first step into a career close to my passion ( the good old english country side) hopefully by the end of this month possible next I should have my cs30.1 and .2 . I look forward to what will hopefully be good friendships and a job I can finally enjoy all the best lads hope to hear from you

does any one know of any jobs going in London, ive just moved up and have been working with a firm for around 3 weeks but there turning out to be cowboys, a secondary climber position would be good for me, i have my own kit and have been in the trade for 6 years, i am 23 years old and live in hackney.

I'm a newby too! I've got a Dunsley Yorkshire woodburning stove in a Smoke Control area which heats our hot water and central heating. I process round wood using a MS261 C-M and a Maul. I do a bit of conservation work with a local group and I'm keen to learn about all aspects of Arb and forestry!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. New to this type of work & am looking to becoming more established in the SE of the UK, so can anyone tell me if its worth becoming 'local authority accredited'? ie have any arborists here gotten much work from doing so. Looking forward to learning plenty on here from others so there might be some dumb questions.

• 2 weeks later...