A little bit of landscaping

Ian Leach

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the coursed laying pattern as apposed to random layout?

what jointing will you be using. Not geoshite I hope?

Customer wanted courses rather than random. Il b mixing my own 4 soft one sharp one cement. Never used any of the new jointing stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

There called buff riven 600 x 600 , also got a patio to lay with Autumn kendle strata sandstone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Arbtalk mobile app

How do u find laying the sandstone. I like working with it. When i first started i used to lay on gear abit to dry and had a few pavers not stick. I now lay on a slightly wetter mix. I also go at 4 sharp one soft. Seems to help.

How do u find laying the sandstone. I like working with it. When i first started i used to lay on gear abit to dry and had a few pavers not stick. I now lay on a slightly wetter mix. I also go at 4 sharp one soft. Seems to help.

you need to add sbr to the mix and do a bond bridge on sandstone. Too many call backs later otherwise

You should use SBR in all your mixes. We lay and point as we go so pointing us not separate to the bed. Never had an issue with repointing since doing this. All sandstone paving calibrated and sourced in any colour from Infinate paving, best prices anywhere.:thumbup1:

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1398891933.388698.jpg.51e64bb45efba619e7ed1fac07cbdbcb.jpg

Just finished this patio and lots of other bit in the garden .

The mix i use to lay the sandstone is

2 cement 2 sharp sand 3 stonedust and then layed on a screen bed . But its got to be thin ish beds and a wettish mix

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1398891909.963447.jpg.fd250daa1d7f885029b8aab3088b81ea.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1398891888.035712.jpg.66219a2fff349080d366013ea5a6c942.jpg