Heads up Australia

Spoke to the boss of a tree firm today, he told me the rates for a reasonable subi climber here (I'm one hour north of Sydney) are charging on average 650 bucks per day and climber doesnt drag or feed the chipper, a really top gun is on 800 per day, don't sell yourselves short guys. Climbers do however provide all own kit

The money is good over here cuz clients are willing too pay for skilled workers, and your not seen as glorified Gardner. People love there trees over here and they are very important for the landscape and shade, clients pay top dollar regularly to have there trees looked after.

Average rate for 2 arborists, truck and chipper here (I've only worked at one company so can't speak for others) is over $1500 plus taxes.

When I left u.k it seemed that a lot of people were undercutting competitors for work, which is fine until the customer won't pay more the next time. Over here there is nowhere near as much competitors and 'the loppers' really stand out.

Melbourne is a very wealthy city though, I think that helps too.

J:thumbup1:

Spoke to the boss of a tree firm today, he told me the rates for a reasonable subi climber here (I'm one hour north of Sydney) are charging on average 650 bucks per day and climber doesnt drag or feed the chipper, a really top gun is on 800 per day, don't sell yourselves short guys. Climbers do however provide all own kit

Is this the majority of the country too?

How do the not so reasonable arb's fair? $650 AUD is like £350 ish, even £200 a day i'd be tempted..!

Edit:

HAHA, that makes sound crap! I'm not, honestly :biggrin:

Also, is there any going rates for consultants?

Hey guys does anyone know What's the easiest way to ship your saws and climbing kit. I am heading over Melbourne next year on a working hoilday visa with the gf,then hopefuly onto New zealand for year after that,but would love take my kit with us to apply for some sub contacting positions. Av heard it can be pretty costly get ur saws through quarantine as they have be emmaculate clean:( customs digging there heels in!

Hey guys does anyone know What's the easiest way to ship your saws and climbing kit. I am heading over Melbourne next year on a working hoilday visa with the gf,then hopefuly onto New zealand for year after that,but would love take my kit with us to apply for some sub contacting positions. Av heard it can be pretty costly get ur saws through quarantine as they have be emmaculate clean:( customs digging there heels in!

You might want to check that you can actually sub contract on a working holiday visa. That would require you paying your own tax, ACC etc, unless you're looking at doing it under the table. If you get caught you'll be booted out of the country immediately.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

You might want to check that you can actually sub contract on a working holiday visa. That would require you paying your own tax, ACC etc, unless you're looking at doing it under the table. If you get caught you'll be booted out of the country immediately.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'm sub contracting on a working holiday visa.

Just need an ABN, takes a week or so to come once you get here.

Customs were a nightmare though. If I was doing it again I wouldn't mention the 'tree' on the parcel description.

Hope you enjoy Oz mate, you over there for good now? I noticed your ad on arbtrader a little while ago, did you have any luck with it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi Sloth, yes all sold up now to a youngster with plenty of youthful enthusiasm