2100cd

chazzer

Hi ive bought another saw to add to the collection a 2100cd . i know part are a problem for these but i am looking for a coil at worst case i hope its just a wire from the kill switch as a had a few pops out of it untill i broke the pull cord! i hav just fitted a new pull cord and checked the spark and i now have nothing

looks good though!

photos to follow

i believe the coil is nla...

i think it shares one with the 285cd, 298xp, 2101xp, and probably the 1100cd. i vaguely recall it shares a coil with the stihl 056magnum (probably av and super models as well). coil failure and lack of availability was the death knell for many of these old greats.

thats a 2101 xp, 2100 didnt have manual oiler, nice saw

the 2100 certainly did have the additional thumb oiler. 285cd and 298xp did not.

also 2101xp came standard with chainbrake, whereas it was optional on the 2100cd.

i do agree they were very nice saws

well i had a quick look after work today and found the pin on the back of the stop switch was loose so i removed it and i have checked for spark both with the wire earthed to the cylinder and also not connected there was allot of oily saw dust around the coil + inside of the fly wheel so i cleaned it off with compressed air loosely assembled it and check for spark spnning it over with a gun but still nothing i will clean the coil off properly tomorrow and check all the wires but its not looking good!