Austria

waitey

Yeah I worked and lived in Vienna for a year, damo on here has a business in Vienna and takes on English sub contractors, I worked for a company called jakel grunbau who employ English tree surgeons and are really good to work for and there is a company id avoid called saller baumchirurgie (sp) and it's such a beautiful and clean place with great beer!

Sent using Rhinos Arbtalk Mobile App

Yeah I worked and lived in Vienna for a year, damo on here has a business in Vienna and takes on English sub contractors, I worked for a company called jakel grunbau who employ English tree surgeons and are really good to work for and there is a company id avoid called saller baumchirurgie (sp) and it's such a beautiful and clean place with great beer!

Sent using Rhinos Arbtalk Mobile App

Ottakringer or Stiegl?? the sausages, coffe and cakes ain't bad either! beautiful country, never far away from the mountains. I'll second the above, avoid the horrid Manfred..:thumbdown:

if you go there checkout the currywurst and weiner snittzel :thumbup::thumbup:

i agree the country is very clean and beautiful scenery

great beers i didnt like the weiss beers much:thumbdown::thumbdown:

very nice country too work or holiday

I have been in Vienna for one and a half years . Trees are much bigger and more horrible to climb than in the uk so any Youngster is going to get a real crash course in climbing when they come out here . This will stand them in good stead when they inevitably go back home within a year .

It is generally speaking a fairly safe City , very multi-cultural and most Groups Keep themselves to themselves without any Problems . The centre is very baroque, stylish and beautiful , but the outer districts dirty and are not so nice ( this is where you will be staying on arb wages )

450 euros or thereabouts will get you a decent but small Apartment on the edge of the City and 47 euro buys you a monthly Transport Card which you can get you anywhere in the City very quickly . Food is truely shocking and of very poor Quality unless you have culinary skills and can browse the very good markets for fresh produce then ist not so much of a Problem . Beer at pubs in the Centrum is between 3.50-5 euro and as previous Posters have said is of excellent Quality . You can buy the same beer at supermarkets for 50 Cents and is amazing .

You will probably start on something like 1800 per month and this would increase as you start to prove yourself . You recieve a double monthly wage twice in Vienna , June and November , but will be paid pro rata in the first year . Its not really the dream most People imagine and unless you can meet up with a local Girl who knows the language and System and you can master German the chances of someone Lasting Long term out here is very very Slim . The woman are stunning out here ( dont bring the frau :001_smile: )

They still had the shilling when I was out there, the food I found though was very good, schnitzel, tafelspitz, kase krainers, dumplings and deep fried sprouts, yum! If you go, check out Hallstatt and Dachstein region in Middle Austria, great place for weekending. Do they still have a long weekend every other weekend?