Approved contractor!!

benedmonds

It was Steve Coombs, it was a good day the worst bit for me was showing the examples of the completed work although I thought it would be all good he still pulled me up on the thinning job I showed him and has requested to see another example on my re assesment. All in all it has been a fantastic thing for the company we are busier now than ever and we are quoting the type of jobs that I had hoped we would be. See you around Ben:thumbup:

We had our assessment Monday with Chris Cooper-Abbs and was a really great day I was nervous as hell and have worked so hard towards it but Chris put us all at ease and was a generally knowledgeable day and hopefully will help moving our company on further and thankfully passed our first assessment still wanting to know if i am one of the youngest Arb approved managers though at 24 as Chris wasn't sure

We had our assessment Monday with Chris Cooper-Abbs and was a really great day I was nervous as hell and have worked so hard towards it but Chris put us all at ease and was a generally knowledgeable day and hopefully will help moving our company on further and thankfully passed our first assessment still wanting to know if i am one of the youngest Arb approved managers though at 24 as Chris wasn't sure

Sorry to derail, but has anyone got contact details for Chris, not seen him in years, he taught me at college and think he's a great bloke. Just want to have a chat with him and a bit of a catch up

It was Steve Coombs, it was a good day the worst bit for me was showing the examples of the completed work although I thought it would be all good he still pulled me up on the thinning job I showed him and has requested to see another example on my re assesment. All in all it has been a fantastic thing for the company we are busier now than ever and we are quoting the type of jobs that I had hoped we would be. See you around Ben:thumbup:

The thinning was an issue for me as I don't generally specify thinning on anything other then previously hacked trees and they want to see works to a maiden tree.:001_smile:

The thinning was an issue for me as I don't generally specify thinning on anything other then previously hacked trees and they want to see works to a maiden tree.:001_smile:

Great thread here, thank you 'people'....I might have to look into this ARB Approved Contractor thing myself :lol:

The thinning (x1 example for a small business) often poses a challenge to applicant businesses but, IMHO, it is a real test of pruning skills, probably more so than reduction and hence it is really valuable in assessing pruning quality and standards.

The 'maiden crown' thing is an ideal rather than an absolute. In practice, if you've demo'd good crown reduction works and then a crown thin on a previously pruned tree, this will normally be acceptable (perhaps with a condition imposed to view at the next reassessment.)

Hoping to see more of you in the future n thanks again for your contributions here. :thumbup:

Cheers..

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

👍 you deserve nothing less mate!