Self Employed - First paycheck!!

JustG

Just received payment for my 1st job since going self-employed!! 6 weeks scrub clearance on a Nature Reserve, pretty stoked :biggrin:

now to reinvest in B+E training, trailer and start saving towards a chipper!

Gonna take the opportunity to thank Big T as well who stepped in during the last week to help me get finished on time!! owe you one chief!!

G

Remember to keep in the bank, what you will need to pay your taxes. And as an accountant once said to me, "You can put off the taxman. But you don't keep the vatmen waiting." And with that comment, he cancelled all appointments, as two plain dressed stern faced men walked unannounced into his office.

Just received payment for my 1st job since going self-employed!! 6 weeks scrub clearance on a Nature Reserve, pretty stoked :biggrin:

Gonna take the opportunity to thank Big T as well who stepped in during the last week to help me get finished on time!! owe you one chief!!

G

Sweet! Satisfying ain't it! If ya need a chipped anytime soon let me know and I can give ya a price to hire me and chipper, will pop over sometime and pick me shovel up too! Lol!

G

Great feeling eh?

I remember going to pay in my first payment at the bank, great feeling even if was for only £40!

I found an old invoice book when I moved house and was surprised how little I charged for work back in the 80's! But I still remember the satisfying feeling that it was honest toil and planned for the future!

Good luck with your endeavours.

A friend of mine had a visit from the VAT man, they turned up with bailiffs and a lorry ready to seize goods to the value of his debt. He had the money and it was down to an error by his secretary (wife) and she didn't get it wrong again. Congratulations on your cheque and may you get many more of them all on time.