How would you Respond?

treeseer

Just got this email:

"I took pictures of these trees in my backyard today to send to tree companies for quotes on trimming them back from power lines and over home. They have damaged the roof, siding and many more places over the past three years as strong winds have thrown branches. As I looked up at this amazing speciman, the experience was almost tear jerking to think it was have to be cut back tremendously. It is so beautiful how it spans out and reaches so high.

Just wanted to share its beauty with you. I really wish the house wasn't built so close to it. I'm not getting much feedback from tree companies. How much would you charge to prune this beauty for the safety of the home and evaluate its condition. I am concerned that their may be some damage to the tree.

Thank you for your time and what you do as a profession. The world needs more people like you."

IMG_4583.jpg.79d8938102921816c3db77d5135c9c99.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg.b35f370fb125c4a5d6e5cc37e17d35b7.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg.c431f2dafa2f01b744cfd3fd32b90854.jpg

IMG_4584.jpg.a490d6c8a45f8c07cb9ef6bbc81f8cad.jpg

Localised reduction to leave 3m clearance from buildings and 1-2m clearance from powerlines (just enough to stop branches banging on it in foul weather, bear in mind that most powerlines have plenty of flex in them and don't care about being whipped by whippy stuff). Removal of significant deadwood.

I'd be wary of all that 'love' stuff.

And all the compliments - they don't know you.

Stick to the job in hand, be courteous and professional - but not too familiar.

Add up the sums and present a price.

Good luck.

Well it's 30 minutes away, beyond free estimate territory. I quoted a ballpark range online, with disclaimers etc. to cover if I see something on site that changes the ball game. The wording is a tad rapturous but I've heard similar before and it turned out sincere.