Predator 28 RX Diesel or Predator 38 RX?

Nick Connell

Hi,

Iam after a new predator and after

Some advice from people that have had one. The decision is weather a diesel is better even though its less powerful because of life time running costs or the 38 petrol is better because it cuts so much faster you use the machine for half as long.

Any advice from operators would be greatly received!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I have a 28RX and love it. The 38RX wasn't available at the time of purchase otherwise I would have gone for that. The petrol version is a lot quieter and smoother in operation.

Both the Carltons mentioned above are great machines but neither of them would get to 50% of the stumps I grind as they are too wide. Narrow access was high on my 'need' list so opted for the predator at only 26" wide.

If you are spending that sort of money then get a few machines out on demo to make sure you've plumped for the right machine for your needs.

Edited by Greg
Spelling

Hi,

Iam after a new predator and after

Some advice from people that have had one. The decision is weather a diesel is better even though its less powerful because of life time running costs or the 38 petrol is better because it cuts so much faster you use the machine for half as long.

Any advice from operators would be greatly received!

We have this for sale P38 petrol, 2012, 130hrs, multitip at £14,995+ vat. Wants a couple of bits sorting out but this will be completed before sale. Other option is a narrow HB20 at half the price?

014.jpg.2aa154ae6e50d6b883a2c28a9341bdc7.jpg

017.jpg.e0a1225880fd668c9a1bdba1d42ec089.jpg

016.jpg.a4824e864450df3f28d8a20965249665.jpg

015.jpg.02db7fec79a109ff299879383fdc7719.jpg

013.jpg.0a1069460656d706b8de6569f01ece4f.jpg

Looks great, I need a remote one as I have started to get HAVS! I definitely want a narrow one to get through garden gates. Any idea on the real performance difference between the petrol and diesel as the diesel one would be soooooo much cheaper to run in the long term?

Looks great, I need a remote one as I have started to get HAVS! I definitely want a narrow one to get through garden gates. Any idea on the real performance difference between the petrol and diesel as the diesel one would be soooooo much cheaper to run in the long term?

diesel every time petrol is only tiny bit faster not much petrol would cost£ 40per day red diesel £4 its a no brainer preditor cant sell the petrols cos there 2thirsty p28 is a good machine cuts as fast as i can drive it just tips are a bit dear but they do last well

The r38 all day long, have owned both and the 38 is a much better machine, doesn't have the grunt of other machines on the market but for its access width nothing else can touch it, so just depends on what type of work you do, bigger stumps or restricted access