pruning tree in a conservation area

egs

It's amazing how a couple of words can really cause anxiety.

I had similar when I first started, I got a verbal go ahead from the planning officer of where I was working was not a pto, I cracked on with the job.

A few weeks later, all hell broke loose, local paper calling my number, rspb getting their 2p in, land owners going nuts.

I called the same guy back up, he met me on site, there was a simple boundary issue that the guy hadn't thought of and all was good.

It did involve a week of me being worried sick and thinking my world was going to end.

Get all go a heads in writing from now on.

Call the main person in charge and arrange a meeting and sort it out face to face.

Your not going to get in trouble for a PTO just a TPO :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

If the work you have done is to clear the Road or Footpath of low branches then you do not have to serve a Section 211 Notice.

This can only be the minimum work to clear the road of footpath and any other works would of required a Notice.

It's not the Tpo mans problem that none of us or the clients are organised enough to sort the work out soon enough.

Certainly I would expect the tree had not suddenly got that it was a problem.

I wait for consent and then do it unless it is 5 day noticeable

But amazing how the trees have been like that a long time and we think they are so dodgy.

Usually if they were just about to fail they would already of done

Just my 2 penneth sorry

You need to go and seek professional advice from a solicitor, they may wish to take you to court and claim some money off you by not going through proper procedure. One of my family friends got in trouble for this and they had to pay a hefty sum.