Farmi 380 PTO Chipper on 3 point linkage

LGP Eddie

I liked the look of this Farmi 380 with what are legs for a crane mount.

It could make some weapon on the back of a roofmount to give a bit more stability and would give a huge capacity plus infeed conveyor.

The Farmi should also produce a pretty nice chip if my current 260 is anything to go by.

Could anything else 3 point mounted match it as I'm looking at a chipper upgrade?

Eddie.

01_farmi_380_3pt_004.jpg.da7e45cb6cecad16a73b3626363065ef.jpg

What is the quality of the chip on your 260 like is it biomass quality as I am thinking of getting a 2nd chipper set up , but don't know if I should get a smaller chipper or a larger one or to try a different make

It's very good quality and if it's just straight clean timber of the correct size it's seriously quick with a massive throw of chip.

All the research I have read from tests against other chippers, gives the Farmi a big tick on chip quality which is no surprise seeing what the home market is.

Obviously decent blades and setup well is essential, probably ideal for doing small places where they have a bit of their own timber and don't need a 300hp Fendt with monster chipper for a day.

Eddie.

very true , I have seen guys with the biggest chipper they can buy with a 150 hp tractor running flat out trying to power it and not getting the output they should be getting

It is very much about the full set up , getting the correct amount of power to run it , and the right size chipper for the hp