ISA Certified Arborist questions

j_s

I don't suppose anyone has any sample questions, (or can remember any), from the ISA certified arborist exam? Is the plant ident pictures or real plants? Thinking of taking it this October and wasn't quite sure of the difficulty level.

I don't have any sample questions but would recommended buying the Arborist's Certification Study Guide your'll also get the supplement for the UK a Ireland version with a list of plants they use for the exam.

The plants are real

PS Don't buy the CD's you'll end up talking like a American

As already said mate get the Arborist's Certification Study Guide as for it being difficult "you will never know if you dont go" im isa cert arb just read the guide inside out and do the sample questions in the back, give it a go, regardless pass or fail its always good to study and learn.

• 4 weeks later...

i did my isa exam about 18 months ago at caple manor.

i think it was 200 multiple choice questions

most of the questions were fairly straightforward for anybody whos done a bit of swatting up beforehand

the ones i needed to learn was biology, soils and bs5837 and tpo

the tree id section was on cuttings taken from around there site

most were really easy eg lime oak beach field maple and a few that was not as easy but you had a choice of 4 answers so if you wasnt sure you could just rule out the ones you know.