Tyre help

BeanWoody

Insa turbos aren't too bad for re moulds, but they don't like high speed running. If you venture above the legal limit for long periods they can start to fall apart. I've recently fitted some gt radial mud terrains to a ford ranger as they were nearly as cheap as re moulds - I have to say that they are brilliant and seem to be lasting well too.

The Insa Turbo Ranger's and Mountain's are meant to be A/T rated at 50% road and 50% off road. The others I've looked at were Malatesta Koala A/T, General Grabber A/T and GT Radial Adventuro A/T.

Prefer A/T's rather than muds as I cant afford to have a mud set and a "road" set, plus in theory theyd have a longer life rather than the muds being shredded on the road.

I'm on 265/70 R16 with a mix of old brands, thinking of getting Insa Turbo Rangers on 265/75 R16 or even sticking with the same size but on the Insa Turbo's.

Hoping to get to the garage in the morning to see what they suggest/can get hold of.

265 70 16 should be a cheap size and plenty available. If you go mud pattern its another 3 mpg down as well. Better on ats.

Been running a set of 385/65 16's on my 1987 110 landy. Around 35k miles on them and still about 40% left on them. As has been said they are noisy and as for speed I cant really get over 60 anyway so couldnt tell you. Ive never had a puncture either in the 3 years thay have been on. They were only about £300 for the 4 at that time. When they are done they will be replaced with the same.

Been running a set of 385/65 16's on my 1987 110 landy. Around 35k miles on them and still about 40% left on them. As has been said they are noisy and as for speed I cant really get over 60 anyway so couldnt tell you. Ive never had a puncture either in the 3 years thay have been on. They were only about £300 for the 4 at that time. When they are done they will be replaced with the same.

Thats pretty good going, at the moment I'd be lucky to reach that sort of millage with them. Were thesse the Insa Turbo's or a different tyre?

I had a new d22 and was bored with the Bridgestones it came with when they wore out. I fitted bfg ats and it ruined the handling and the drive of the vehicle. They were too heavy for the vehicle especially as its unsprung weight. I would be comparing tyre weights to see if the general At or similar is near the weight of a Bridgestone.

Have a Nissan Navara, and need to replace the tyres.

Will be working off tracks, through fields, green lanes, over open moorland and the like so will have to be all terrain.

Current set (what I brought it with) are 16", and the manual states to use 16 or 17's - have people gone with anything bigger or better to stick to the book.

Also what sets do people use: new or reclaimed? and specific brands that are good everywhere?

have a navara and have gerneral grabbers AT2 i go on fields and is ok does not get stuck. only reasoni pulled off was it was making a mess of headland but it was fine in high 4x4 micheldever tyres which is hi q doing a deal £400 for set including tracking and the vat. 200 cheaper than GG tyres. mine are 255 75 17