Fencing quote

Jimbob87

My back side you could.

Come up here and I will pay you day rate and be a millionaire by Christmas!!

thanks. although i think i may have got the qtys wrong when i first posted :blushing:

these tree enclosures are usually one post at each corner, which makes it 200 posts, not 400

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did 60 last year in an avenue but I did vase shaped ones which I would recommend over the ones you are doing as they are much smaller around the bottom and fan out at the top. This way the stock can graze much tighter to around the bottom leaving less waste. I did them 6ft high then they cant reach to get the trees and I had 3 rails and used heavy rabbit netting as these were only to stop deer, rabbits and sheep. The problem with the ones you are doing is it leaves such a big area ungrazed and it will swamp the trees and look untidy unless they like to pay someone to maintain them constantly. Being conventional shape they need to be big to stop cattle reaching over. I also put terram around the bottoms and covered in well composted chip to stop any grass growth. It all takes time though, I put it on a day rate with a time estimate, took 4 days with 2 of us and that was with chesnut posts and rails all cut to size using a nail gun and tracked post knocker. It was handy aswell because you could knock all the posts in from one side using the sideshift instead of having to drive all the way round!

I agree with spikeymikey, have you seen the diagonal vase style ones on the left at Barmby moor heading to York on the A1079 Jimbob. I have looked on Googlemaps but the image is too old.

Must admit i had thought about those they look alot better will talk to estate monday mornin thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

£250 a day two men tractor and knocker 3 a day plus materials work it out 155 quid a go roughly

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I was thinking abot £150 a go off the top of my head without working it out, assuming the netting is to stop sheep would it not be quicker to put 5 rails on instead of 4 and do away with the netting? that would speed the job up and reduce materials costs and just put a strand of barb around the top to deter cattle leaning on it.

Won't you be hitting the tree roots with posts often so that will slow things down alot?

Any pictures of what theese look like

They can vary in looks but, in simple terms 4 posts about 8ft long or less if only for sheep. Tapering out at the top away from the tree. Then rails, wire etc banged on. The ones I mentioned earlier, the half round rails go in a spiral up, i.e every rail is on a diagonal angle. Then the top and bottom have horizontal as well to finish off.

Shabby ones are just sheep net wrapped round at double depth.