From hire to Jo beau to timberwolf...?bandit?

Horatio

Thinking about getting a new chipper, at present I have a timberwolf 150. Very reliable not a bad machine. But would like to keep progressing, business has been good for a while and bottom line the wolf pees me off.

I would love a bandit 7", but I am worried about the weight, I run a Nissan Cabstar tipper. Have a sidewinder grinder and can't big it up enough, over engineered and just awesome. Bet the bandit chippers are as good.

People say you buy one and that it for life. It that true?

I like the look and feedback from here of the Forst.

And, like some the features of the greenmech 160 quadchip.

I have to take the spout off the wolf every night to get it into the lock up, the green mech folds up do the others have the option of this?

What I wanna know is.

Are bandits really that good

Could a Nissan Cabstar pull it ok with a good load of chip on.

Don't wanna waste globals time with a demo of a machine that is a bit to might to be pulled about by a Cabstar, transit size, van.

Would appreciate any feed back on this. Cheers Horatio

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Make sure you demo it, We had a bandit in for a while and it was utter pants! Most of their gear is awesome but this chipper was pants - sorry not at all helpful I can't remember which model it was. Not sure if it was the machine or the model but you'd notice straight away using it.

Infeed isn't slow in reality, slowing the infeed means the stress control doesn't kick in as often there fore less stop time.

If timberwolf slowed their roller speed the stress wouldn't kick in a thousand times a minute, I find that very annoying and unnecessary.

The mess everywhere is easily solved by extending the chute by 18", why the hell global haven't taken this on board after everyone has expressed their concerns is beyond me. All this about it causes chute blockage is crap, I've extended mine 2ft and never had a chute blockage in 5 years or so :confused1:

With the chute extension there is no overspill whatsoever

Rollers jamming is a problem but it gets better. I found going against advice of leaving the bottom trap door open make it much better. If you never open the trap door and leave it to build hard crap up in the void the shape of the bottom roller it doesn't jam anywhere near as much.

All in all the bandit is a much better built machine than 90 percent of the Chippers on the market, things don't fall off, infeed hoppers don't bell out and they rarely break down.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another bandit

Yeah build quality you cant knock, I just found it slow and messy, the anti stress doesn't cut in soon enough imo the engine bogs right down then takes an age to recover. The hydraulics seem under powered as they jam on bits other cjippers wouldnt.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Let me clear this up one more time, we now fit as std a 22" long flipper so no mess.

The rollers turn slower for two reasons, one they are a much larger diameter than most so they turn at half the speed. The engine has a turbo designed to cope with being bogged down where most competitors don't fit one, the infeed is 7x12, if other chippers had an infeed of this size they would stall, double the material going in.

If you are not happy with the auto feed adjustments it can be adjusted to suit your preference. We have new shallow curved rollers also fitted as std now.

Hope this clears any confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app