12 volt remote starting setup advise

scraggs

Well after the last batch of thefts I have decided I need to take the batteries home every night, the first idea I had was to put battery boxes on the front of the machines and anderson connectors on the tractor and batteries so we could quickly disconnect them and take them home, but I really don't want to be lugging big batteries about twice a day.

So a better idea might be, I have a lot of room under the new landy body and was thinking about putting two 644 batteries under there, and again use anderson connectors.

I am not really that clued up on working out what cables and connectors I would need amperage wise, so would like some advise if anyone can help, I know I will still need a battery on each machine or the alternator will be ruined, but how small a battery can I get away witt ? ideally small enough to hide away would be good.

I can remove the batteries under the seat on the landy and use the 644's to start it, and then they will always be charged aswell.

Any opinions please ?

How about making lock boxes on the machines,stick the batteries in them and lock em up,a bit of a trial putting in and taking out batteries everyday….. steel plate box,padlock with protective cowl….. because otherwise they will pinch even dead batteries ….so just get welding…..imo……

Edited by Stephen Blair

How about making lock boxes on the machines,stick the batteries in them and lock em up,a bit of a trial putting in and taking out batteries everyday….. steel plate box,padlock with protective cowl….. because otherwise they will pinch even dead batteries ….so just get welding…..imo……

This is an option but my worry would be they would cut through it, I wouldn't put anything past them to get what they want, but it would be the easier option.

Edited by Stephen Blair

Why don't you electrify the machines with a sheep fence zapper.

It will be the same people coming back each time, you just need to train them like you do a dog.

If the machine is sat on rubber tyres or tracks then it's dead simple, just drive in an earth spike and connet the pulse terminal to the machine and earth to the spike

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Arbtalk mobile app

This is an option but my worry would be they would cut through it, I wouldn't put anything past them to get what they want, but it would be the easier option.

Last edited by Stephen Blair; 2 Hours Ago at 05:43 PM..

decent bit of plate steel and a shroud for the padlock …. hard to cut what you can't reach, most of these fellas are too witless and lazy to do battle with a decent lock up ,

on the subject of electric fencer…they would probably nick it as well….theiving scum!