Makita DCS9010 - what oregon mount?

Rob D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's very well built and has a lot of grunt, but if I was buying a new one I would buy a husky 395xp instead

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Is it not more of a saw in the 576-460

Class..

That's the only reason I'm looking at them.

How would you put it against your 576. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Reading up the dolmar 9010 is lighter than the 461 and about the same as the 576 and more power than both... And cheaper , so it seems a no brainer so far... But ed your comparison on it with the 576 is what I'm waiting for... :)

The only dislike I can see with the 9010 is the limited ignition module and its a tiny bit heavier than the legendary 9000 it replaced that revs out higher but the 9010 does have a stronger crank.

There is a guy still selling 9000's on eBay.

Reading up the dolmar 9010 is lighter than the 461 and about the same as the 576 and more power than both... And cheaper , so it seems a no brainer so far... But ed your comparison on it with the 576 is what I'm waiting for... :)

The only dislike I can see with the 9010 is the limited ignition module and its a tiny bit heavier than the legendary 9000 it replaced that revs out higher but the 9010 does have a stronger crank.

It's the equivilant to the 390xp I think, it's a good saw but is heavy, 576xp is a fantastic saw, handles a 24" bar with ease, I bought my 9010 of a mate to use on the mill and it's perfect for it,

There's no way the 9010 is lighter than a 461; I've got both and the Mak/Dol is an absolute tank.

9010 = 8.2kg / 6.8 hp

461 = 6.7kg / 6.0 hp.

Did you mean the 7910? (7901 in blue)

There's no way the 9010 is lighter than a 461; I've got both and the Mak/Dol is an absolute tank.

9010 = 8.2kg / 6.8 hp

461 = 6.7kg / 6.0 hp.

Il second that the 9010 is quite heavy, but it's solid :)

9010 = 8.2kg / 6.8 hp

461 = 6.7kg / 6.0 hp.

Yes I did ! Know nothing about these saws just looking at the moment with interest for a 372 replacement.

Yes I did ! Know nothing about these saws just looking at the moment with interest for a 372 replacement.

still only the same weight and a bit less power than the 461 though, but a bit more power and a bit lighter than the 576, I went with the 461, nice saw.