Green mech quad chip, what's it like??

jack88

I've got a quad chip but never used a GM150 to compare it to. I will say though that I find the turntable very useful. 3 different jobs today and each job had the feed hopper in a different position. I find it makes some jobs safer especially when you have to park road side and can therefore feed the chipper from the drive instead of having to drag everything onto the road to chip.

I'll 2nd what kev said, I've used a 150 quite a bit as well and it's still a good.chipper,

Quad 2 blade's, 150 4 blade's so twice the cost but hardly.any different in Chipping performance but this could be down to the fact the 150 has a slower roater speed which also means a little slower chip lobbing ability.

Both are excellent chippers and it's more down to your type of work but personally for what I do the turntable swings it every time unless of course I was going much bigger then I'd have inline.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Quadchips are great chippers. Tow very well. Chip great and I think the power of the feed rollers is great. One piece I could barely push in was pulled through effortlessly. The 6x9" feed is good. Chip throw is all you need and more. Can throw it a fair distance. Only hired one in a few times so maintainance I can't really comment on. I have spun blades and that was simple enough.

If working on roadside etc as said you can really find the turntable is fantastic and a huge safety feature. discharge chute swings down and has a receiver point which can be handy if wanting to store in a garage.

Rear tanks can be swung out if needed to get into the machine further and all the panels are removable to gain service access.

Maybe get the Arb 150 and QC out at the same time from your dealer.

One thing I do like on the Arb 150 is the constant belt tension using the engine and dampened to stop any kick/belt slap on startup is pretty trick.

The Arb150 also runs at slightly lower revs because of the fan adds to the discharge flow (around 1850rpm) which is bang on peak torque helping the flywheel to keep spinning plus revving the engine less is good for its life and fuel consumption. The fan also helps suck the hot oar out of the engine keeping bonnet temperatures down. - one happy kubota engine!

Edited by .Ash.

Ash the points you make about the belts and fan are also true on the quadchip. But the flywheel speeds differ because of the pully sizes not engine rpm.

Fuel consumption I estimate is around 1ltr of fuel per cubic m of chip on average going.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.