"Perfect customers!"

dogman

The finest veggie cuisine in the world AND YR STILL NOT HAPPY........

Some people......

I was very happy. My wife was not though because i couldnt eat my dinner when i got home :-)

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't mind... but I took my tree down this weekend at home, and only got two tea's all day from my missus.:confused1:

Ah, but do you make her a cuppa when she is cooking your dinner etc..:sneaky2::biggrin:

Mind you, my old wifes cooking deserved an asbo, not a reward!:001_rolleyes::laugh1:

The odd ones that spring to mind are mostly people we've been to a few times.

One's a retired lady who brings out tea and biccies fairly regularly, but at dinner time invites us in for a sit down dinner - we were there a few days last time and had Goulash one day, Chilli another and Spag bol another, all followed by some sort of dessert too. It was ace, but made the afternoons a bit sluggish.

Another's a guy who's always good with tea but one day we'd done a fiddly beech on a really hot summer's day and he came out with Beers and food after we'd finished.

Did a job for a bit of a celebrity chef and got bacon sarnies in the morning followed by steak sandwich and chips washed down with Beer late afternoon - Odd thing is we'd been there a few times and only had it like that once. Sometimes we're lucky to even get a cuppa.

Just remembered 2 or 3 years ago blocked down some poplars for one of the last desendents of a well known high street banking family,just before lunch time a kitchen maid danced out of the big house and came over to take our order for drinks,then 15 mins later out comes the butler in full regalia across the lawns to us with the drinks on a large circular silver serving tray.

Think we had the perfect customer today. The guy hired us for a full day to fell a line of trees near some utility lines. And start clearing a steep bank with whatever time we had left . Just after 1pm with most of the work completed the bloke comes out of his house and very happily announces that the day is finished, we had to remind him he still had us for 2 hours. I think he was retired and wanted us to leave some of the easier work to keep himself busy. Can't argue with that!