What effect would scottish independence have on the UK tree industry?

daltontrees

I think everybody is getting pi$$ed off with number of jobsworthies employed in gov't

We need to clean out the dross,

My fencer went to see jobsworthy in Ruthin - refused to put cup of tea on his desk for health n safety reasons ( did it with me too)

This was to guy who is putting up fencing on wet ground with mf sliding all over the field

Just a bad joke employing people like that

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is one time when the issue is really very straightforward.

If the Scots are stupid enough to go with a megalomaniac like Salmond then they deserve what they will undoubtably have coming to them as a result.

His only trump card is anti-English bile and there's never any good comes out of doing something out of spite.

Salmond is not anti English or the leader of the Yes campaign to start off with. One of his top men is an Englishman, Mike Russel, born in Kent. After we vote for independence (which I'm sure we will :biggrin: ) there is going to be a General Election so Salmond isn't guaranteed to be in Parliament in 2016 when we actually gain independence. There is a lot of nonsense in the media all biased to the Project Fear (the name Bitter Together gave themselves).

We have plenty oil to last decades which will enable us to have an oil fund like other countries. The only two nations with no oil fund is Iraq and....Yup, the UK. Squandered on building the ringroad around London and other things..HS2 will be another. We can save 100million a year on getting rid of Trident. Anyone of you down South want it? I guess not! How about the £380 million spent on feeding the pigs at the trough in the house of lords? You can have them for free ;)

We also have whisky with more distilleries opening to sell all over the world. Chinese and Japanese can't get enough of it. I enjoy a drop myself too :biggrin: We also have a big tourist industry with the islands up here just the other day being in the top 5 or so to visit in the world.

The pound belongs to us too by the way! If there was no currency union it would cost businesses on both sides of the border more than £500 millon per year! There is no need for this, Osbourne is trying to hurt both countries doing this!

I have wanted independence for Scotland as far as I can remember, that doesn't mean I hate the English, Welsh or Irish I have many friends from each country and have visited all a few times.

Scotland won't be poor and maybe just people down south might open their eyes and think to get rid of the house of unelected lords who govern you too because they had the cash to buy a seat!

Here's to an Independent Scotland, England Ireland and Wales!!!

Salmond is not anti English or the leader of the Yes campaign to start off with. One of his top men is an Englishman, Mike Russel, born in Kent. After we vote for independence (which I'm sure we will :biggrin: ) there is going to be a General Election so Salmond isn't guaranteed to be in Parliament in 2016 when we actually gain independence. There is a lot of nonsense in the media all biased to the Project Fear (the name Bitter Together gave themselves).

We have plenty oil to last decades which will enable us to have an oil fund like other countries. The only two nations with no oil fund is Iraq and....Yup, the UK. Squandered on building the ringroad around London and other things..HS2 will be another. We can save 100million a year on getting rid of Trident. Anyone of you down South want it? I guess not! How about the £380 million spent on feeding the pigs at the trough in the house of lords? You can have them for free ;)

We also have whisky with more distilleries opening to sell all over the world. Chinese and Japanese can't get enough of it. I enjoy a drop myself too :biggrin: We also have a big tourist industry with the islands up here just the other day being in the top 5 or so to visit in the world.

The pound belongs to us too by the way! If there was no currency union it would cost businesses on both sides of the border more than £500 millon per year! There is no need for this, Osbourne is trying to hurt both countries doing this!

I have wanted independence for Scotland as far as I can remember, that doesn't mean I hate the English, Welsh or Irish I have many friends from each country and have visited all a few times.

Scotland won't be poor and maybe just people down south might open their eyes and think to get rid of the house of unelected lords who govern you too because they had the cash to buy a seat!

Here's to an Independent Scotland, England Ireland and Wales!!!

That is an perfect example of pie in the sky idealism. Rose tinted glasses, head in the sand, and all the other expressions along those lines.

Such a simplistic point of view just isn't accurate. Costs will be much higher than you are expecting, revenue far lower. As I always ask fiercely pro Independence Scots - how exactly do you feel that the current arrangement is negatively affecting your life?

That is an perfect example of pie in the sky idealism. Rose tinted glasses, head in the sand, and all the other expressions along those lines.

Such a simplistic point of view just isn't accurate. Costs will be much higher than you are expecting, revenue far lower. As I always ask fiercely pro Independence Scots - how exactly do you feel that the current arrangement is negatively affecting your life?

Paying for the House of Lords

Paying for the Tory Mp's in London

Paying for HS2

Paying for Heathrow expansion

Paying for Olympic Games

Having the Westminster government dictate foreign policy therefore paying to step in whenever presidents and dictators step out of line.

WILL be paying for Flooding ( sympathy with those affected) but Cameron said money no object, so will be paying for that.

Paying for alllll the royal family.

Paying for an MOD that likes to scrap aircraft carriers because they can't get their sums right.

Paying for a nuclear "deterant" that if ever used will make us all glow in the dark.

Just a few negative things.

Independence is a bit of hope.

Dare to dream. They put men on the moon with a bit of dreaming.

It's a voyage of discovery.

If we get independence let others worry about all the details. that's what their payed to do.

Sometimes the K.I.S.S. method needs to be adopted.

Does anyone one know what the cost of setting up an independent Scotland would be?

There seems to be quite a lot of talk future finances but nothing about the costs of changing over, things like re-registering all the cars, reprinting all the government forms and paperwork etc. Also where is the money going to come from for all of it? Paying for the flooding might start to look cheap by comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

Paying for the House of Lords

Paying for the Tory Mp's in London

Paying for HS2

Paying for Heathrow expansion

Paying for Olympic Games

Having the Westminster government dictate foreign policy therefore paying to step in whenever presidents and dictators step out of line.

WILL be paying for Flooding ( sympathy with those affected) but Cameron said money no object, so will be paying for that.

Paying for alllll the royal family.

Paying for an MOD that likes to scrap aircraft carriers because they can't get their sums right.

Paying for a nuclear "deterant" that if ever used will make us all glow in the dark.

Just a few negative things.

Independence is a bit of hope.

Dare to dream. They put men on the moon with a bit of dreaming.

It's a voyage of discovery.

If we get independence let others worry about all the details. that's what their payed to do.

Sometimes the K.I.S.S. method needs to be adopted.

No disrespect Gnome, I love you really, but that has to be one of the most " head in the sand" naive posts I have ever seen. :001_smile:

Right back at you Dean !!:thumbup1:

We are all a resilient bunch on these fair Isles. Things will sort themselves out.

Bit of Faith.

There are countries all over the world in the 21st century who have spilt blood to get independence/regime change. Scots living in Scotland have been given this right to make a change if they want. No blood spilt on any side. I'm going to use that right.

If I knew all the answers I would be running for president, but I don't. We all have our interests.

You might think it is head in the sand stuff.

Here's the bigger picture. In millions of years time the sun is going to engulf the earth so we are all doomed anyway. So if I can vote to change that tiny speck of history that I will exist in for a slightly better one IMO I will do that.

I hope I have now beat my record Dean!!! Bucket and spade at the ready.