Packing for paradise. ..

Lee Winger

How did you get in if you don't mind me asking?

If you have been self employed for 30 years you are older than I thought they "allowed" in, and if you have no work sorted either....

Are you a multimillionaire or summat?

I only got back from there on Saturday, I still feel a bit floaty from the flying.

Wide awake at 4:30 this morning. Oh yes, it was peeing down there too!!

Been to Hervey Bay and Fraser Island, nice places. Flew over from the UK just to go camping for the weekend at Rainbow Beach a year or so ago. A bit eccentric but no regrets. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get in if you don't mind me asking?

If you have been self employed for 30 years you are older than I thought they "allowed" in, and if you have no work sorted either....

Are you a multimillionaire or summat?

I only got back from there on Saturday, I still feel a bit floaty from the flying.

Wide awake at 4:30 this morning. Oh yes, it was peeing down there too!!

Been to Hervey Bay and Fraser Island, nice places. Flew over from the UK just to go camping for the weekend at Rainbow Beach a year or so ago. A bit eccentric but no regrets. :)

I'm a multimillionaire mate.....

nah I wish lol the wifes an Aussie.......:thumbup:

I very much like the place but not sure that I would actually want to live there.

I like it here as it goes. Nice to go over there and just be where there are no people for miles upon miles, I love that. Not that I am amongst people in the UK much, my nearest neighbour is a mile away and I see very few people each day. Doesn't suit everyone but it does me.

Stayed on a station not a million miles from Clermont Qld. Nearest shop was 60 miles away, 40 of that was unsealed and when you got to the shop it was only a petrol station. No nipping out for a loaf there!

I very much like the place but not sure that I would actually want to live there.

I like it here as it goes. Nice to go over there and just be where there are no people for miles upon miles, I love that. Not that I am amongst people in the UK much, my nearest neighbour is a mile away and I see very few people each day. Doesn't suit everyone but it does me.

Stayed on a station not a million miles from Clermont Qld. Nearest shop was 60 miles away, 40 of that was unsealed and when you got to the shop it was only a petrol station. No nipping out for a loaf there!

When I was younger there was no way I could of lived in Oz, but now I'm getting on it appeals more and more, especially as I'm a fanatical angler and boater. Luckily my kids want to come to.

London will however remain my favourite city on earth, Sydney etc aren't a patch on the Big Smoke. I like the UK even with all its faults , i know Australia isn't utopia, its just different.

Edited by Lee Winger

The reason I was there last week was because it was my 50th birthday.

I don't like birthdays much and didn't want to be sat in the UK feeling cold and miserable because I'm getting even older.

I chose to spend it in a nice warm place fishing on a beach instead.

I took my son to Adelaide and we drove off towards the Great Ocean Road. We spent that day fishing off some jetty nowhere in particular just chilling.

No great catches to report but did manage a big banjo ray on a cheapo Shakespeare spinning rod. :D

Thanks Geoff, I hope so too, it could turn out to be a massive mistake but he who dares :biggrin:

The only mistake will be if you come back. We came back a year ago and now we are selling up again to go back out.

On a different note are you taking your decompaction gear. Have you looked into the no dig excavation method that they use over there it is turning into big business.