short fence labour what to charge?

onyx landscaping/fencing

I ended up quoting £290 (£41/mtr) and didn't get the job as some quoted cheeper! good luck to them.

they must be working at a loss for that money,wouldnt bother getting out of bed for less than £45 p/m, 1.8 m is £60 p/m round my way, clearance and disposal extra

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£70 a day seems a lot per metre! Do you get much work at this rate. That's one hell of a days money. If you base that on 30m a day, Materials £17.50/m. That would mean you clear approx £1475/day even if you paid a labourer £100. I want some work where you are!!

the materials from the local saw mill are more expensive than 17.50 /metre here

prob nearer £30 /m including post mix

any less than 70 a metre would not be worth doing

the only way you can go cheaper is to buy the material in bulk

ive a mate who does contracr fencing on large housing sites who buys in a lorry load most months,he can charge a fair bit less

I ended up quoting £290 (£41/mtr) and didn't get the job as some quoted cheeper! good luck to them.

Thats why I don't tend to bother with domestic fencing much anymore and to be fair agricultural fencings not much better, probably only get 1 in ten jobs that I price now and I know for a fact I'm not the most expensive man in the area, as I always say you can do it cheap or you can do it properly :thumbup1:

You can, did it last week in the pouring rain. And the week before started at 9am done by half 2. 34m two men posts and railed two pailing wanted to get home from Portsmouth. Even so at those rates I would be happy with 20m a day.

seriously! 30 meters 10 bays, gravel boards, centre stumps cleats, feather edge nailed. We'd have that lot cleared, posted, and centre stumped day 1, 2nd day gravel boards and feather edge. So day and a half-

You don't need a labourer and you don't need to return (post quick etc) sets in minutes. Now your price will be worth it.

But would you be confident in these weather conditions?

Genuine question because I've been leaving mine for a week before nailing up.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!